Where do you park your Truck?

How /where do you park your truck

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ColesRAM

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Wow, I’m envious……..

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
I don't have a garage, so it's outside. I have noticed I don't get the rust that I did when I had a garage.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 498357
You can see it behind me.
I'm actually sitting in front of my wife's attached garage...
Wow, 2 garages, nice. I just have a lowly 2 1/2 pole barn setup. Nice hog, I had a '08 Ultra Classic, but for personal reasons, went to a Wing Trike. BOIRD thinks some of you all got friggin Aircraft hangars for Garages.

IMG_0743.JPGIMG_1188.JPG

Last edited:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine sits in the garage, with the camera and parking sensors i have about 1 ft of room
For some reason the wife’s Honda CRV needs more room

OP
OP
ColesRAM

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Well, it looks like the poll shows a bit over 40% of the RAMs are sheltered (garage or car port) and a bit less then 60% sit in the elements - but probably would also be sheltered if it was available. That’s from my read of the comments. I know in my case, my RAM would be garaged if it would fit in the garage. Thanks all for participating in the poll. :)

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, I have a serious case of garage envy. Some of them look cleaner than my basement shop room.

I have this small barn that fits my Ram 1500 Classic.

Screenshot a 2022-07-22 154536.jpg

There's much more room than my previous truck, a 2007 Tundra DC.

Screenshot b 2022-07-22 165720.jpg

The step bumper clears the log splitter fender by an inch or two. :cool:

Screenshot c 2022-07-22 165923.jpg

OP
OP
ColesRAM

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Tight fit, isn’t it. My RAM won’t even fit into the garage, just to tight all around…..

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tight fit, isn’t it. My RAM won’t even fit into the garage, just to tight all around…..

LOL, I thought I had lots of room compared with my Tundra. It beats parking outside and the house garage is a no-go.

Although the Tundra was a Limited with sensing all around, it had no camera in 2007. I find the Ram with a rear camera/rear park sense is much faster/easier to park.

Last Spring, I did manage to change to my summer wheels while inside.

Well OK, I parked inside more centred, lifted the front with a trolly jack, changed the front wheels, pulled outside leaving the back end inside and changed the rear wheels.
Yes, I jacked the pumpkin.

Something was falling from the sky that day, I prefer to work inside if I can. :cool:

Last edited:

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
As a new truck owner (2020 RAM 1500DT), I’m curious as to how many members here actually park their truck in a garage, or even under a car port type enclosure or just leave it out in the open. My RAM is too big for my garage, so it will live out on the driveway, open to the elements. Here in FL, those elements are mostly rain and sun. So, i was thinking how or where others here mainly house their trucks. Just curious, that all. Thanks.
ColesRAM

Mod, if I picked the wrong sub-forum, please move. Tx
Mine will go to the driveway soon but currently curb parking until my flooring project is complete and my girls car gets garage privilege first.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When we were shopping for houses or really garages I could only think of the setup that was a struggle to fit my vette. Still had to raise trusses headers and get custom track springs cables and drums from lift master. Doors Menards.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgDoubt if anyone could get me to crank this spring again,the normal side was bad enoughED066226-2BA5-463F-A4D6-6905F4B2C959.jpeg

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
As a bachelor I often go to work from a different direction, hence, I park in different places. Always be careful not to park in apartment complexes without the visitor permit. :favorites37:

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Speaking of parking, mine is parked outside all year round and is typically unused for months at a time. This year I was thinking of raising it up just high enough to get the weight off the brand new tires. Any issue using jack stands under the solid axels and just leaving it up for months at a time?
I'd probably put a block of 2x4 between the axle and jack stand.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Speaking of parking, mine is parked outside all year round and is typically unused for months at a time. This year I was thinking of raising it up just high enough to get the weight off the brand new tires. Any issue using jack stands under the solid axels and just leaving it up for months at a time?
I'd probably put a block of 2x4 between the axle and jack stand.

I've seen two full-sided trucks parked on jack stands for years. One in a rural residential laneway & the other at a small welding shop in a nearby village.

I know this information doesn't prove anything but provided the truck is stable and protected with wood blocks, how can that not be a huge improvement over making flat spots on the tires? :cool:

Hopefully, the location wouldn't be subject to kids or vandals fooling with your truck. That could be ugly.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
No, it will be in my driveway in front of my garage which is detached and behind the house, and my house has a fenced in yard with security cameras and lit up like a prison at night. Thinking about a cover this year.

I was just worried about the axle tubes.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL,
I'm glad I moved out to the country 13 years ago. :cool:

Why not jack up your truck using a trolly jack under the frame to guage how tall of jack stands you would require with 4x4s to raise the wheels enough?

That would relieve your concerns about stressing the axles.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, it will be in my driveway in front of my garage which is detached and behind the house, and my house has a fenced in yard with security cameras and lit up like a prison at night. Thinking about a cover this year.

I was just worried about the axle tubes.
I definitely would try to do a jack stand setup stable enough to be able to occasionally run and spin all the gears,ect.