Why buy running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know where you live, but if you buy flat ones, they hold mud, and frozen muck from driving! Rounded ones do much better, but you still have to stomp on them a bit to get the ice to break off, if you want to use, them, and.... if you don't use them you get your legs muddy from touching them. A pic of my mom sums up why I have em, I still have to carry a
footstool!! 2019 07 28 trip to mo (19).jpg

They do stop offending car doors, and most other truck drivers respect your truck .

Nickx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When you level out a 2500 CC, running boards are necessary...especially with trying to get a car seat in and out of rig

Jvahey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E torque
Help wife and kids in and out. Plus protect the underside of the doors. Also low profile

20190502_194245.jpg

IMG_20190514_183902_1415427439102627828.jpg

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
WHy....My wife and decrease the seat wear of entering and exiting. I know use steps and "oh ****" handle to pull up in to truck and swing down on my seat instead of slide up and across it.......Mostly for my wife and personal preference

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Leg days at the gym forced me to finally consider some lol. Once I leveled the front it was because more and more of a pain in the ass that and frequent getting in and out of my truck running errands or for work had me consider them but I hate the looks of steps so Retractable was the only ones considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
As many have already said---if you have a "short" or vertically challenged wife sometimes there is little to no discussion about whether to get steps or not. As I remember the conversation it went something like, "Don't even think about bringing that damn truck home without steps on it". Happy wife, happy life!
Jay

Could have been worse.
She might have said,"Don't you even think about bringing a truck home!"

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you live where there is snow and salt, stay away from N-Fab ... Their black powdercoating sucks ... Didn’t last a year here in Ohio

Powdercoating sucks, period. I’ve never seen it last a year on anything, not just automotive stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 HD 4x4 got them. Stainless steel from mopar are like 400.00 installed. The good thing is they help keep mud off the doors and protect the sides of your truck from parking lot assholes who can’t squeeze their fat asses out of their car without ramming their door into the side of your new truck. Incidentally, I traded my 2017 and bought a 2019 only to find the 2019 was a full 2 inches taller so running boards were the way to go.

Dr J Cumminz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L with Aisin
Same here as my wife is a little short on one end. Secondly, they fend off a lot of fart car doors that can dent the body work.
Same for me. The wife needs them, but I just had the door troll thing happen the other day. The wind was blowing and I just parked and left plenty of room. The door got away from the lady whose hands were full (of course). I hear the bang and was pissed as it hit the rear door area (crew cab). I looked out of my driver's door and we both noticed her door had struck the running board on my leveled '18 3500.

Dr J Cumminz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L with Aisin
Hell just the fact that anyone's wife says get them is enough reason "TO" get them lol ... for most of us getting an approval to get them is almost impossible lol ...

But no really, having running boards especially AMPs or in my case the RBP stealths is just a life saver ... I have bad knees and they really do appreciate them ... my girlfriend loves them now after I had to convince her to let me get them lol .... and now my Mom can get in an out of the truck when she comes and visits from Arizona and she is only 4'9 maybe lol ...

G E T T H E M !!
Very true. You should have seen when I first got the truck and the wife tried to get and out of it when I took her for a ride. It was pretty funny with me trying to push her in and carry her down. I could imagine someone seeing us, they would think I was an ******* for getting such a big truck that my wife couldn't get in.

BombSq030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No running boards for me. I have a level and 1.5" body lift and 35s. I've always told the wife that I'll get boards once I get a real lift.

Dr J Cumminz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L with Aisin
My wife was afraid to drive the Ram - she actually likes sub-compacts because there maneuverable, squeeze between traffic, and easy to park. She took the Ram to get tinted for me while I was at work, she complained that she didn't want to drive it. Anyhoo, I get home from work and... She liked it... and I quote "People get the f__k out of your way, I like it!" (Wife talks like a sailor!)
Awesome!!! I love your wife. Mine on the other hand, the first time she drove my 3500 long bed, she went to Barnes and Noble and I told her make sure she parks far from everyone and backs in. Of course she didn't listen. She ended up getting stuck in the parking lot because she couldn't get out and that was with my 17 year old trying to help her navigate out of the spot. They had to wait until several people left to get out. Needless to say, she doesn't drive it often....ok with me.

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I happen to have a set for sale if anyone is interested, PN#82213272AC

20191228_152020.jpg

MRFREEZE57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
as one gets older, that high step without a running board gets more difficult, also my wife is only 4"11" and is easier for her to climb in, also can get my parents in ( both in their 90's ) without difficulty.

sirguynate503

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Didn’t want em, but have little girls so I had to get them. If I had it to do over again I’d get Amp retractable ones, but I’m still in shock over the initial cost of buying the truck so I got Black horse Armour steps. Pretty cool looking, I like em .

I know what you mean. Although I am sure my rig didn't cost nearly as much as yours, the total always makes me cringe on a big purchase. Then, I always forget I pay sales tax on the retail value - not what I paid after all the rebates - that added up quick. Sometimes I miss living in Oregon (no sales tax)... Although I shouldn't complain, I don't pay state income tax in Washington. :D

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Easier to climb in and out. Easier to reach for stuff in the backs seat and the front of the box depending on what I'm wearing as I don't want to scratch the paint.Most importantly something to kick snow and mud off my boots on before I climb in the cab

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I happen to have a set for sale if anyone is interested, PN#82213272AC

View attachment 190800
FYI Per Forum rules List in the For Sale section with a paper sign with you Forum name and price ! Also WELCOME to the group and check out our Senior thread , made for us old farts lol

I have the OEM Quad cab version of yours ! IMO very well made and have survived Maine winters for the past few years !

Snapbacknbeard54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Because your wife has given you the green light to lift and 35's:headbang:... but only if you install running boards because and I quote "I'm to damn short as it is"