will a 6.2l Hellcat oil pump fit on the 5.7 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian-Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Shorty (RCSB)
Engine
5.7 L
Anyone know if a Hellcat Oil pump will bolt right onto a 5.7?

New theory about eliminating the Hemi tick is to increase oil volume at idle, and apparently the 6.2 Hellcat's oil pump is a high volume pump which in theeory increases the oil pressure slightly at idle.

Ramalotapus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just watched this video as well and I have to agree with the assessment. 25-30 psi at idle seems dangerously low. Working as a warranty auditor at LKQ for the reman engine department..if the oil pump wasn't putting out at least 50-60 psi during a bench test it was considered to be a faulty pump. Melling does make a high volume version of the pump. Reading in the comment section of the video it appears someone has in fact installed a hellcat oil pump to a 5.7L and it appears to be a direct bolt up. However, it is youtube and I haven't personally done the install myself so take it with a grain of salt.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes the hellcat pump fits.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
25-30 psi at idle seems dangerously low
That is not dangerously low for a stock 5.7 at idle lol. Gets lower than that if it's hot. If you think that's low this little snippet from the service manual will all kinds of p!ss you off lol:

Screenshot 2021-10-08 at 22-27-40 2006 LX Service Manual - 2006-LX-SM pdf.png

The 6.4 and 6.2 get such better pumps because 1) they are actual purpose built performance engines (sorry folks, the 5.7 from the factory is not lol) and 2) as actual performance engines they have piston oil squirters which require the extra oomph to move oil through the galleries and those too. Putting a better performing oil pump will never hurt things, but in the end it may not help either on a stock engine with all the extra pressure.
I trust Youtube videos about as much as I trust the government......it was a clown on Youtube who claimed the cam/lifter failures in the 2011-14 time frame on 5.7;s and 6.4's was because of MDS :doh2: