Wireless charging pad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrisg86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I was wondering has anyone installed a wireless charging pad for cell phones in that little tool tray that sits on the floor in front of the jump seat?

OP
OP
Chrisg86

Chrisg86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I received my package today and got it installed in it's place. Wasn't much to install.

Here is the package w/contents

full

Here is the back of the charger. Sticky rubber surface

full

Here it is in the spot that I'll use it in.

full

It charges just perfect. Hope this helps someone.

-Don

OP
OP
Chrisg86

Chrisg86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I received my package today and got it installed in it's place. Wasn't much to install.

Here is the package w/contents

full

Here is the back of the charger. Sticky rubber surface

full

Here it is in the spot that I'll use it in.

full

It charges just perfect. Hope this helps someone.

-Don

Thanks Don that's great this is going to work perfectly for what I wanted what kind of phone do you use? And do you know if it's a fast charger?

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. The package says it's fast/quick charge, but My phone doesn't indicate fast charge while charging wirelessly. Mine only charges and indicates fast charge when plugged in using a fast charge plug. My wife's S7 and my daughter's S8 indicates fast charge while on it though.
I'm also using a medium thickness case if that helps.

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After having it for a couple of days now...It seems to be like every other wireless charger out there. It has it's sweet spot that you have to put the phone at. Side-to-Side it has no issue, but if you get to far towards the end (length wise) it loses it's wireless charging sync. No biggie.

I live on some pretty patchy country roads and didn't have a problem with it moving around while driving, so that is great. It's speed of charging is pretty fast with my Galaxy S6 Active.

- Don

OP
OP
Chrisg86

Chrisg86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Thanks for all the info. Cant wait to get one

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Went to go order today. Out of stock...

I had to call them and order it. If you'll look close...The sight is showing in stock AND temporarily sold out. I talked to a service team member named Jess. She was able to check stock and fulfill my order over the phone. She said that they had just got them in and not updated the site. That was a couple of weeks ago now. They must move slow. She also said that they used to give them away as promotionals for any Pioneer head unit over a certain $$ amount. They just recently started selling them separate. My box even said "Not for Resale".

- Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500