Zone 6" lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tma777

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have bilstien 5100’s front and rear, fronts at 2.8 and 1” spacer in the rear. If I get the zone 6/5 D41n do I need the rear shocks or can I keep my rear bilsteins? I don’t want to use the front spacers either, is that possible?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have bilstien 5100’s front and rear, fronts at 2.8 and 1” spacer in the rear. If I get the zone 6/5 D41n do I need the rear shocks or can I keep my rear bilsteins? I don’t want to use the front spacers either, is that possible?

The zone lift uses a tophat spacer combined with an approx. 3/4" thick preload spacer to get 6" of lift. When you add Bilsteins too this you do not use the zone preload spacer, only the bils and the tophat spacer for a max of about 8" lift. You must use this tophat spacer or get some longer coilovers like the fox shocks with resi for $1800 and not use Bils.
Your rear shocks are only good for 1" additional lift not 5" so those will need to be replaced.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The zone lift uses a tophat spacer combined with an approx. 3/4" thick preload spacer to get 6" of lift. When you add Bilsteins too this you do not use the zone preload spacer, only the bils and the tophat spacer for a max of about 8" lift. You must use this tophat spacer or get some longer coilovers like the fox shocks with resi for $1800 and not use Bils.
Your rear shocks are only good for 1" additional lift not 5" so those will need to be replaced.

Hes right. That is why i have fox rezzies on the rear of my ram 6" lift.

tma777

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

That is what I figured, makes sense too. Thanks!

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you get a rough country lift they now have 6” lift struts you can add to your package so you don’t have to use any spacers in the front at all.

rhann87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I have the Zone D41N 6 inch lift with the 5 inch rear lift also. I contacted Zone to inquire about the UCA's and they told me they only give you an advantage if you're off roading only. Since I myself rarely go offroad, I elected to just keep the stock UCA's on it.

i have the exact same lift on mine down to the inch. looks great man. i had the factory wheels on for awhile also and am kind of wishing i had never swapped them out.

Katonaj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
@Katonaj ,
So you have the 6" Zone with 5" rear coils , 1.5" spacers , stock wheels and 37" × 12.50” tireswith no rub at all ?

Did you install bills up front , if so what setting 2.1 or 2.8 "

As for your question above on what happens to the OEM ucas ball joints on the 13+ Rams .
Mainly the issue is with spacers up front as opposed to the Bilsteins , but the ball joint slowly migrates up and eventually pops out . This typically takes a while and is a slow process that shows itself with audible popping noise . This process is exaggerated by rough offroading and usually a non issue for street use . This is an example of the ball joint starting to migrate up on an OEM UCA .

1f3546387680f2cdbb5238602793ad92.jpg

IMO if you do not offroad often then just keep any eye on them , especially if you start hearing a popping sound up front . If yours start coming up , then just take it easy and order the Zone or Mevotech UCAS . I've had Mevotechs installed for over 30,000 miles with bill at +2.8" with no issues ...and I off-road lots and at times pretty rough .
Hope this helps !

Truck looks Awesome !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Katonaj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don't have Bills up front. Stock struts and the Zone risers that come with the lift kit. I have no rubbing issues at all with the 37's on stock rims using the 1.5" hubcentric wheel spacers.

05ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Does anyone have any pros or cons for the rough country kit? I’m ready to buy a lift and would definitely get the struts so I don’t have to use spacers.

Maz762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 6" zone with 5 in the back. Bils are set at 2.8. Sits perfect. Stock UCAs but mine is a 2012.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@ Maz762 ,
Sir , this is the exact same lift I plan on installing on my 14 Ram QC 4X4 , please post pics of your truck and the lift components [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk