Oil Catch Can Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you know of a link or have a pdf file of how to install one of these on a 2012 Ram 5.7L?

omega88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where does a guy order a catch can with all the required fittings for install?? Thanks guys. I don't want that crap going back into my engine!

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Check with Matt @ Moe's Performance (a vendor here). I believe he can get the catch cans.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any possibility the oil is required for lubrication of the internals?
I DO see the benefits, but also wonder about any long-term consequences.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Only thing it is doing is clogging up your throttle body and pumping hot oil back into your intake. This hurts performance and requires added maintenance.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I made my catch can with compressor separator from home depot works well and was under 30 bucks. You can't see much of it so need for fancy bullet unless you have the cash.

$miley

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Only thing it is doing is clogging up your throttle body and pumping hot oil back into your intake. This hurts performance and requires added maintenance.

added this to my Christmas list :)

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I made my catch can with compressor separator from home depot works well and was under 30 bucks. You can't see much of it so need for fancy bullet unless you have the cash.

$miley

I'd buy one right this second if there was a non-bling, functional unit available. I don't get the whole billet thing for WAY under the hood accessories, and won't pay for it.

Edgethis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree and wish that some companies would make a generic version of these. I see no reason to spend $150+ for a oil catch can when you can make one for under $30 as Smiley has done.

hemipwrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I read a lot about these and honestly thought it was just a hoax. Then I saw a ton of guys that had them so I had to give it a shot. After I saw mine was a 1/3 full after only about 1,000 miles I was a true believer. Its a must have no matter the cost!

paulycoppola5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
smiley can you give us a list of stuff you bought and a brief description of your install??

pics not really needed for me but I'd like to throw one on my truck, on the cheap, while i do my HID's this weekend.

hemipwrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I got mine off ebay, it was $110 shipped. Real easy install, only issue was getting the supplied hoses over the existing fittings. A little boiled water helped alot. Beyond that it was a 15 minute install. Its not a flashy BT catch can but it looks the same without the engraving on the top, does the same thing but for less money. Seller on ebay was uprproducts.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
For anyone interested in the Billet Tech catch can, I have 8 in stock right now. Satin finish, brass fittings, and PCV hoses included. They are $134.99 with free shipping.

paulycoppola5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got mine off ebay, it was $110 shipped. Real easy install, only issue was getting the supplied hoses over the existing fittings. A little boiled water helped alot. Beyond that it was a 15 minute install. Its not a flashy BT catch can but it looks the same without the engraving on the top, does the same thing but for less money. Seller on ebay was uprproducts.

UPR makes great stuff!!

I am probably going to just pickup a catch can then setup my own deal. Not knocking the BT setup or any other kit for that matter, to each his own, however I have faith I could put together a catch can setup that functions as well as any kit and just doesnt look as pretty for under $50

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dodge didnt install these from the factory for the same reason that they didnt delete the DPF and EGR on the diesels. Those parts cause nothing but trouble for the guys that dont delete them themselves, but the govt. forced them to have them. A catch can should be 1 of the first mods for all 09-up Rams.

Even on the 4.7? I heard it was mainly the hemi that had this problem?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons make you fat...

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Smiley,
I looked in Home Depot and didn't find anything that would work. Can you supply a picture?
Thanks,

Souths1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 1500 Big Horn Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out this thread:
http://www.ramforum.com/f44/lowes_catch_can_install-30402/

Here is what he used (Not my truck)

I used a Kobalt filter like that on my air compressor once (but it was different than the one in the picture). The fittings were plastic and broke pretty easily. I can't tell if the fittings on the one in the picture are plastic though. If they're metal, I suppose it would be OK. But if they are plastic, I wouldn't trust it.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Smiley,
I looked in Home Depot and didn't find anything that would work. Can you supply a picture?
Thanks,
Look in the compressor, air tool isle. I used a Huskey for a while but didn't like the plastic bottle so close to the manifold.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It baffles me why there are not more Moroso catch cans on this forum. It's only about $15 more then the BT and the mounting location is much more convenient and it has a drain valve. Seems to me to be a vastly superior design but highly underutilized. Just my .02

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casey1981