Rockfored Fosgate DSR1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I need the DSR1 to keep my factory radio and have imaging abilities at least between right/left and the rear speakers. I may break out the 3.5s in the dash and run them off the DSP rather than as 3 ways... just need another amp if I go that route (that has been on my mind). The 6.5's and Tweeter package I bought have a great crossover that worked well in my Tacoma so I'll at least give that a chance in the Ram.

I hear a lot of mixed reviews on the center channel. Some very pro, others not so sold... I hear the benefit is an overall imaging for all listeners in the car but perhaps at the cost of ideal driver settings. Since I am usually alone in the vehicle, maybe a center isn't the way to go. Still thinking.
Regarding center channels and tuning, I always tune to the driver's seat when I am running a DSP...others may tune for both front seats but I am usually the only one in my truck.
If you tune for all passengers, or both front seats, a center channel could be a bit more beneficial...

Ziezee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Regarding center channels and tuning, I always tune to the driver's seat when I am running a DSP...others may tune for both front seats but I am usually the only one in my truck.
If you tune for all passengers, or both front seats, a center channel could be a bit more beneficial...

Yes, that was my intention with considering it. Looks like it's just a 3.5 slot on the 2019 center. I would have preferred something a bit larger for center. Not sure I'll do it or not now.

On another note, has anyone used the DSR1 in the 2019? I'm hoping it doesn't mess up the cabin noise cancellation. The folks at Maestro say it works on the 2019... I'll know next week.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as I know... no one has even taken the dash out yet or done speakers. You are in rare territory at the moment. And you have to document it all or else we are going to ban you! lol j/k

Ziezee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL, will do.

I just had a chat with our friends at Maestro and verified with the engineers.... the Active Noise Cancellation is disabled with the DSR1.

This is good and bad. Bad, because it's kind of a cool feature. I don't know really how well it works because I haven't heard it with and without, but I would like to have kept it. But, keeping it can create a ton of problems too. I wondered if adding new amps/speakers would cause too much noise cancelling to come through... that actually became new noise. From what I've read, it's usually what happens. So, that's the good side to disabling it.

He said nothing else will be lost, just the noise cancellation. I've heard complaints it makes the dash controls slower. I hope that isn't the case. I love how quick everything responds right now. I've also heard it makes it harder for people on the other end of my calls to hear me during Bluetooth calls. I've heard it speculated the reason is the noise cancellation helps with that, although I don't know. At any rate, next week I'll test it and we'll see...