talk about depreciation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If that cummins was deleted, it was also tuned. Not stock. Those 400 or so extra lb-ft of torque stock don't seem to move a stock cummins down the track any faster than a stock 6.4.

I asked that question because if the cummins was the end all be all you would have accepted the looks for a "much more powerful and quicker" 2500... even if it didn't fit your needs or budget.

Last edited:

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It was a dumb question because you asked why I didn't get a 2500 and bag it to get a better ride rather than buy a 2500...

A 6.7 diesel does not get better mileage than a 1500 hemi. Not even when deleted..

Yes I didn't buy an ecodiesel, they just came out and I decided that waiting a few years to see if they had any issues would be the smart thing to do. Besides, I wanted to build a 1500 hemi, thought it would be fun. I enjoy my truck, next one will be an ecodiesel though.

As for power, HP means nothing, torque is what makes you move. Yes the Cummins is much more powerful.

It's also quicker. I raced a deleted cummins and lost before I lifted my truck. I raced a 15 2500 6.4 and won. That's with my 35's.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
So the 15mpg in my lifted, deleted cummins isn't more than the 10.5 I was getting in my lifted 1500? Well I'll be damned.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Nice, I like threads like this that turn into a ***** sword fight between the gasser and diesel crowd. The other camp is always stupid and nobody can leave the other side alone to just enjoy what they have without browbeating them down.

:popcorn:

RamRMK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My friends all have 2500 diesels and I have a 1500 hemi. Closest friend has a 2500 deleted with a smarty tune. He gets maybe 3 mpgs more empty the biggest difference is the towing mpg. Have driven his truck many times don't really care for it. Feels heavy and lacks the ride quality. Feel every damn bump with the 2500 rear end. I will add that my mpgs is severely impacted by hemifoot since I got the hemifever tune this past year lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
So the 15mpg in my lifted, deleted cummins isn't more than the 10.5 I was getting in my lifted 1500? Well I'll be damned.

compare stock to stock, sure my lifted hemi gets 8-9 mpg but it's far from stock. can't compare lifted trucks as these guys aren't lifting for show like us

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Without the lift, I don't see how the cummins wouldn't get more. Almost 5mpg lifted.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Always had a soft spot for oil burners. I considered the 1500 eco diesel, next truck will most probably be a diesel.

I'm old enough to remember how diesel vehicles took over most of Europe from petrol. It wasn't just the cost of gas either. In general diesel is cheaper at the pump as it should be here also but isn't , diesel vehicles tend to "live" longer than equivalent gas variant and also should be less maintenence needy. Of course this all stands for those engine makers that have mastered the art of making good diesel engines, something that some of our German friends have been doing well for many years.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
Always had a soft spot for oil burners. I considered the 1500 eco diesel, next truck will most probably be a diesel.

I'm old enough to remember how diesel vehicles took over most of Europe from petrol. It wasn't just the cost of gas either. In general diesel is cheaper at the pump as it should be here also but isn't , diesel vehicles tend to "live" longer than equivalent gas variant and also should be less maintenence needy. Of course this all stands for those engine makers that have mastered the art of making good diesel engines, something that some of our German friends have been doing well for many years.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

always wondered why Germans don't build trucks, some of the best vehicles made :naughty:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Here's my 2 cents...

I love the look of the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. I LOVE the Cummins diesel torque, power, sound and smell. But if I were to replace my 1500 it would be with a 6.4 Hemi. The actual hauling/towing and short trips to work do not warrant the added expense FOR ME. I'm also pretty worried about all these EPA devices being added to diesels since 2007.

I love Ram trucks whether its a 4.7, 5.7, CTD or a 6.4 Hemi.

Now, can we put all our ***** away? :roflsquared:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Here's my 2 cents...

I love the look of the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. I LOVE the Cummins diesel torque, power, sound and smell. But if I were to replace my 1500 it would be with a 6.4 Hemi. The actual hauling/towing and short trips to work do not warrant the added expense FOR ME. I'm also pretty worried about all these EPA devices being added to diesels since 2007.

I love Ram trucks whether its a 4.7, 5.7, CTD or a 6.4 Hemi.

Now, can we put all our ***** away? :roflsquared:

last line, no it is just starting to feel goooooooooood:favorites13:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
geez, when I started this thread all I wanted was to express my disbelief on what a dealer would offer on a year old 1500 on a trade, didn't think it'd go 10 pages of ridiculously entertaining discussion. Lovin' it!

ok, idea for my next thread: I'm switching back to tightie whities from boxers.... let the kibitzing start!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
If that cummins was deleted, it was also tuned. Not stock. Those 400 or so extra lb-ft of torque stock don't seem to move a stock cummins down the track any faster than a stock 6.4.

I asked that question because if the cummins was the end all be all you would have accepted the looks for a "much more powerful and quicker" 2500... even if it didn't fit your needs or budget.

Well all I can say is that a deleted cummins can beat my truck with stock tires, and I smoked a 6.4 hemi with my heavy ass 35's. Plain and simple.

No that's not true at all. I didn't buy a cummins because I had no need for a 2500. I had a build plan in mind, I wanted to build a Ram 1500. My next truck will be a 1500 as well. If I did buy a HD truck it would be a 2500 GM Denali Duramax. Hell I almost ordered one this year. Bottom line is that I just have no need for a truck that big. Plus I have a company F-250 diesel I can use whenever I need to pull more than my truck can handle.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk