“Service Electronic Braking System”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Inthewind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO, AISIN
So, my answer was provided by Dodge after almost $400 to replace a wire for the rear wheel sensor. Terrible design Dodge. Then, less than a month later, I was repairing the other side
myself! Not very conducive to a 4WD vehicle.

myselfIMG_8938.JPGIMG_8942.JPGIMG_8943.JPG

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Well since someone resurrected an old thread...lol. I'm going through this now. Dealer diagnosed a bad HCU (hydraulic control unit). Anti-lock brakes won't work, traction control won't work, cruise control shuts off randomly and the dinging is driving me crazy. Dealer said they do not have the parts, cannot get the parts as they are no longer manufactured and said there are no aftermarket solutions. So in the meantime I have to drive old school with no anti-lock brakes and no traction control.

Called about 15 places Monday and found 1 place that has the older revision ending in AA so ordered that from them. Nobody had the newer AB and most that said they had the AA were either holding them for customers trucks or not willing to part with them. One parts dept told me those are like liquid gold right now. Apparently they are supposed to start making them again after December 30th but we start getting snow around here early December. Can't wait to see how many accidents there are due to ABS not working. Wouldn't surprise me to see a few lawsuits stem from it too.

Oh...and I have never had any dealer offer me a courtesy car when mine was in for repairs. Doesn't happen around here apparently.