12" Screen unresponsive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruce bethard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with 2300 miles on it. I have an issue with the 12 inch screen not responding to touch after starting vehicle. After driving for 10-15 minutes, the screen magically starts responding to touch. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thank you in advance for your helpful responses. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times for same issue and had the radio replaced. I plan to take it back yet again. Any one else experience this issue? Any helpful responses would be appreciated.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I have the 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with 2300 miles on it. I have an issue with the 12 inch screen not responding to touch after starting vehicle. After driving for 10-15 minutes, the screen magically starts responding to touch. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thank you in advance for your helpful responses. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times for same issue and had the radio replaced. I plan to take it back yet again. Any one else experience this issue? Any helpful responses would be appreciated.

Curious if you are in a warm weather place. I cannot use CarPlay until the vehicle cools off. Unfortunately, I live in Phoenix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Houston here. I used android auto, and it was kinda buggy. But could've been the app.

Ither than that. I've had no problems with my 12" screen. (2020 powerwagon)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have the unresponsive problem with those automatic faucets in restrooms. I think I might be a ghost or something so the faucet doesn't see me. The guy next to me put a pinky under it and the faucet gushes water. Sometimes I think they just look right through me.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Curious if you are in a warm weather place. I cannot use CarPlay until the vehicle cools off. Unfortunately, I live in Phoenix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We understand why this may be concerning. We suggest having your dealer inspect this concern if you have not done so already. We are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.

Alison
RamCares

Racer57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie Night Edition.
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your screwed. Dealer says to wait 1-2 months.

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I purchased a new 2019 Ram 2500 crew cab 4wd 6.7 CTD this past March and the one major concern was the 12.4" infotainment center and sure enough it starting locking up with less than 3000 miles on it (I actually think it started acting up with less than 1000 miles on it). I did some research online and it appears this is a well know problem, wish I would have researched this before I bought the truck. When it locks up there are no radio or phone audio functions that work and it may stay that way for 2-3 days. It even locked up once with the backup camera on and there was not way to shut it off until it decided to start working again. I have purchased 4 brand new and one slightly used Ram 5.9 and 6.7 trucks over the years, 3 3500 duallys and 2 2500's. This truck has been the only one that is turned into a disappointment.

I brought my truck to the dealership this past Friday Oct 9th (and they still have it) for this 12" radio/infotainment issue as well as a couple of other issues (transmission/drive line and front end re-alignment). They informed me that there is no update available for the radio/infotainment center and it sounds like Chrysler is balking at replacing it because it cost them $3000. Well to bad, I paid over $62000 for this truck and the infotainment has only worked about 60% of the time. I had seen on another site where some people were starting to discuss getting a class action lawsuit going since Chrysler doesn't seem to be able to fix the issue and apparently the 2021 vehicles are getting a completely redesigned 12" infotainment system to fix the issues that the 2019-2020 systems are having. I spoke with the service rep on this past Monday afternoon to get an update and the only thing they had looked into was the infotainment issues and had not even looked at the others yet.

Apparently there is a class action lawsuit filed. Below is some info on the case.

"A class action lawsuit claims that the UConnect infotainment systems in the 2017- 2019 Pacifica AND OTHER VEHICLES can freeze and stop working, posing a range of safety hazards for drivers and others.

According to the FCA class action lawsuit, the company regularly conceals the UConnect defect problem to consumers, sometimes by informing them that their vehicle is working well when they bring it in for a repair. In other instances, the company will allegedly conduct repairs that mask but do not fix the problem.

Additionally, the problem is reportedly not often covered under warranty — the Chrysler infotainment problem class action lawsuit argues that it should be, but instead, customers are often required to pay out-of-pocket for repairs."

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Mine is complete garbage.

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear this. Are you currently having concerns with your Uconnect system? Please feel free to send us a private message. I would be happy to help!

Alison
RamCares

John KIOhio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear this. Are you currently having concerns with your Uconnect system? Please feel free to send us a private message. I would be happy to help!

Alison
RamCares
Thanks. Not interested in wasting my time. There is no fix!

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks. Not interested in wasting my time. There is no fix!

You are correct about no fix. This is a design flaw that Chrysler needs to address with every person that purchased one of these pieces of junk.

I just picked my truck this past Saturday after the dealership had it for 15 days to address this and two other issues. A grand total of one issue was addressed and that was only after I told them their first response about it was total BS.

As for the infotainment issues the saga continues. I picked up my truck this past Saturday and questioned what they did with the infotainment center. It sounds like they did what I have read from others that are having the same issues. Chrysler had them do a "reset" twice and then reinstalled the latest update, again. Well that worked for a grand total of about 48 hours and it has locked up again. I am now trying to get back in touch with the dealer about this. Ramcares recommended trying another dealer but I don't believe that is going to help since no dealer in the entire nation seems to be able to fix what is clearly a design issue with these 12" infotainment centers.

Looks like I am going to try and track down the law firm that has entered into a class action lawsuit against Chrysler to see if I can join in.

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You are correct about no fix. This is a design flaw that Chrysler needs to address with every person that purchased one of these pieces of junk.

I just picked my truck this past Saturday after the dealership had it for 15 days to address this and two other issues. A grand total of one issue was addressed and that was only after I told them their first response about it was total BS.

As for the infotainment issues the saga continues. I picked up my truck this past Saturday and questioned what they did with the infotainment center. It sounds like they did what I have read from others that are having the same issues. Chrysler had them do a "reset" twice and then reinstalled the latest update, again. Well that worked for a grand total of about 48 hours and it has locked up again. I am now trying to get back in touch with the dealer about this. Ramcares recommended trying another dealer but I don't believe that is going to help since no dealer in the entire nation seems to be able to fix what is clearly a design issue with these 12" infotainment centers.

Looks like I am going to try and track down the law firm that has entered into a class action lawsuit against Chrysler to see if I can join in.

Well the fun never ends. Got in my truck this morning and the infotainment center is still locked up. I think I am going to try and escalate this to the owner(s) of the dealership and see what they are willing to do about this issue. I also sent a message to the law firm involved in the class action lawsuit to see if they can provide any direction.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Man this is so crazy about all these issues with the 12" screen. I have a 2020 PW and the backup camera decided not to work on two separate occasions.

But apart from that. the thing has been flawless.

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Man this is so crazy about all these issues with the 12" screen. I have a 2020 PW and the backup camera decided not to work on two separate occasions.

But apart from that. the thing has been flawless.

So the one issue I had with my backup camera was actually related to the 12" screen issues. I got in it to leave work, backed out of the parking space, again no radio or any other audio function working because it was locked up bu the backup camera came on as it should but would not turn off. It was like that for my entire trip home and very distracting to the point of it being unsafe. Got in the truck the next morning and Shazam, it all decided to work for a few days again.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Well the fun never ends. Got in my truck this morning and the infotainment center is still locked up. I think I am going to try and escalate this to the owner(s) of the dealership and see what they are willing to do about this issue. I also sent a message to the law firm involved in the class action lawsuit to see if they can provide any direction.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Well I tried private messaging you a few days ago and that response has not helped in the least. The 12" screens are defective due to design issues. If you want to help get Chrysler to step up to the plate and fix the issue.