2” rear lowering springs from Amazon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpressed1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
found some rear drop springs on amazon, pro suspension 272920 for $164. Has/is anyone running them? Did some googling and maxtrac offers them.

Dave Robertson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered the ones off Amazon. I'm 70 years old and only took a hour to install. It leveled the truck right up to with 1/2" higher in the back. Rides the same or just a touch better. Now I need to adjust the headlights down some.

Wilmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe those springs are made by MaxTrac, part of their Pro Suspension line.
I picked up a set from MaxTrac store, with a 10% discount, for about $148 total.

https://maxtracstore.com/2009-2018-ram-1500-2wd-4wd-2-rear-lowering-coils-rear-leveling-kit-272920/

i have a 2016 QC, and it dropped just over an inch. I am hoping it will settle and drop a little more, but dont mind the slight rake. I also installed Air Lift 1000HD 60818HD at the same time.

I compared, side by side, the 272920 springs to factory, and they are the same length/height. The 272920 springs are progressive.

Hemidog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Installed them on my 2017 laramie crew cab 2WD. with a full gas tank, looks like the driver side is about 1/2 - 3/4 inch lower than the passenger side. Anyone else notice this? Any suggestions to correct this?

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Airbags. Two air lines. 10 psi left side 5psi right side. Adjust as needed. Do not see this on my sport. Do you have a rear sway bar?

T.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Anyone measured left right movement? Do we need a panhard bar? I have a cc bighorn 2wd.

Dave Robertson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine stayed the same. Didn't measure,but look the same as it did. Even on both sides. Only thing I've noticed is with a full tank of gas it's about 1/2" lower on drivers side than the right.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Mine stayed the same. Didn't measure,but look the same as it did. Even on both sides. Only thing I've noticed is with a full tank of gas it's about 1/2" lower on drivers side than the right.

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to swap them out tomorrow and make some measurents. I was looking at the bwoody bar. Spohn is the cheapest but have heard some bad reviews and core is too much for my needs. The bwoody falls right in the middle at $190.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Installed them today. Not as simple as some suggests but pretty easy. I had to disconnect sway bar links, shocks and remove tires. I tried without removing the last two items. Didn’t work for me.

Ride is great. From rough measurement of my tires to wheel liner, the axle might have shifted right 1/8". I'll get a more accurate measurement when my bwoody pan hard bar comes in. I may not even need it tbh.

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How so tb55? I did not notice that, but wasn’t’t looking for it either. Curious.

T.
With the 2 inch drop at the rear it is harder for me to see with the rear view mirror--the the roof line has dropped down and unless I slouch down in the seat sometimes I cannot see as far back as I used to---I am 6'6" and have that same problem in my older toys--used to be able to get a lower styled mirror or manually drop the mirror to help

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
I noticed my rear control arms were not parallel before the drop. Now it's even worse than I anticipated. Can anyone send me pictures of their truck to compare?

OP
OP
Dpressed1

Dpressed1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the maxtrac 2” rear drop springs on my 17 cc, and noticed a vibration at about 35-45mph. Took them off and vibration went away. Anyone else have that issue?

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
I installed the maxtrac 2” rear drop springs on my 17 cc, and noticed a vibration at about 35-45mph. Took them off and vibration went away. Anyone else have that issue?

No vibes here. I bought the Amazon ones. You might want to check your rear end geometry. Mine is posted above. How many miles on your truck? I only have 29k

OP
OP
Dpressed1

Dpressed1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No vibes here. I bought the Amazon ones. You might want to check your rear end geometry. Mine is posted above. How many miles on your truck? I only have 29k

Truck had 6k miles when installed. Only had them on for about 200 miles then took them off.