2 ohm amp question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

utahbill

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ears, once damaged, do NOT recover......OTOH, once damaged, you won't be tempted to spend more money on sound equipment. Been there, done that.:(
Hearing Aids, thanks to the VA, are free to me, but $8000 to others.

Last edited:

dengland

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah, like I mentioned in a previous reply, I went overboard on the new system. LOL

Source is my iPhone 8+ via USB with files in lossless format.
Stock 8.4N UConnect Head Unit.

PAC Audio AmpPRO 4, AP-CH41 interface with Toslink out.

Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace processor.

Front Stage:
Tweeters - Sinfoni T25T in sail panels.
Midrange - Dynaudio Esotar e430 in the dash.
Midbass - Audio Development ESA Bass in front doors.

Rear Fill - Dynaudio Esotar e650 in rear doors. Bandpassed at 100hz - 600hz.

Sub - JL Audio 12W6V3 in a Net Audio sealed enclosure under rear seat.

Amps:
Sinfoni Esordio Solo Ad-Lib - 4 x 120w split between tweeters and rear fill.
Tru Technology Billet B41-S (Stage 4) - Bridged 2 x 300w to the midranges.
Tru Technology Billet B22-S (Stage 4) - 2 x 250w to the midbasses.
Zapco Z-1KD - 1 x 600w to the sub.

I just picked up a Zapco Z-400.2 LX to see if I can get better impact from the midbasses by doubling the power.

Any PICS of the sails? I have struggled quite a bit in my 2014 CC. I ended up with the Helix DSP Pro and Hertz components. Detailed better on a different board (I don't want cross post the link off of here). The center console seems to reek havoc on my response. I have forgone tweeters at the moment and put in Hertz HL 70s in the dash location. They seem to do better than the Hertz HT 28s. I have a 10W3V3 in a net audio enclosure.

Interesting on the rear fill frequency. I have the rears shut off right now as not to harm the front stage. I have never come across much info on a strategy for those.

Do you have a build thread anywhere?

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m also TomT on DIYMA. LOL

I never did a build log. Let me see if I have any pic of the Hertz tweeters in the sails. I can get pictures of the new tweeters in there tomorrow.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any PICS of the sails? I have struggled quite a bit in my 2014 CC. I ended up with the Helix DSP Pro and Hertz components. Detailed better on a different board (I don't want cross post the link off of here). The center console seems to reek havoc on my response. I have forgone tweeters at the moment and put in Hertz HL 70s in the dash location. They seem to do better than the Hertz HT 28s. I have a 10W3V3 in a net audio enclosure.

Interesting on the rear fill frequency. I have the rears shut off right now as not to harm the front stage. I have never come across much info on a strategy for those.

Do you have a build thread anywhere?

I would love to run the herzt HL70 midrange speakers in my dash. Since i have rockford crossovers running my tweeters and midbass, what would be the most reasonable, pricewise way to get them to be run properly, and in the right requency?

dengland

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would love to run the herzt HL70 midrange speakers in my dash. Since i have rockford crossovers running my tweeters and midbass, what would be the most reasonable, pricewise way to get them to be run properly, and in the right requency?
Good question.

I spent $250 on the HCX 165s and HL70s in September of 2016 from a forum member on one of the boards. They sat in the box until recently. I don't have a very good tune yet, but it is better than all others. I still have them playing way too high on the low end. I need to lower the CX on the HL70s and raise the CX on the Hertz HV 165XLs in the front doors.

Tuning is NOT my forte.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You’re kind of at a crossroads with your current gear. You either need to find a three way passive crossover that will work with the drivers you have, or add an amp that has built in crossovers that will bandpass what you need for a midrange.

In most non-DSP situations where you bi-amp using passive crossovers, the midrange and tweeter are run together off of one amp channel using a passive crossover and the midbass is run actively using crossovers built into the amp.

In my previous Hertz system I did this using an Audison Bit One, a Zapco Z-150.6, and Focal passive crossovers. Channels 1+2 went to the Focal crossovers then mids and tweets. Channels 3+4 went to the midbasses. Channels 5+6 went to the rear doors with Hertz 6.5” Coaxials.

I still have that whole setup (minus the amp) on a shelf.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
you could find some 3-way passives with the xover points you are looking for, for probably pretty cheap. Finding the crossovers will be the easy part....finding ones with the set points your speakers need will be the tougher part...kinda why dsp's are such a powerful tool...you can play around with the xover points, mess with slopes, levels, T/A, EQ etc

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replied to someone in a PM this morning explaining a fully active system. I found this diagram that lays it out nicely.

FB6C2AB3-0327-4853-BEAB-4764453DB876.jpeg