2010 Build Sheet Info for engine/tranny coolers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MudDog2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Build sheet 2010 SLT 5.7 3.21 gear says:

Heavy duty Transmission cooler. I dont see how running the cooler thru the condenser can be considered Heavy Duty !

Heavy Duty Engine Cooler. How is a 2 row radiator supposed to be heavy duty ????

I have added a 8 pass Tranny cooler, a new 3 row HD Aluminum Radiator and a add on oil cooler plus trying out a 160 Tstat to handle the heat im seeing pulling my 5K trailer. Numbers were in the low 200s and climbing with the stock setup.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tranny: What trans does your truck have? You mean ...running the fluid through the 'radiator'? Or does yours have a separate cooler in front of the condenser?

Radiator: Is it the orginal radiator? Anyway, the normal radiators for 5.7's (looking through RockAuto radiators), the specs say they are a 1-core unit. The HD Tk radiator specs say 2-core. It's probably that these have more passes, maybe larger passages (??), and possibly more fins. And of course they're aluminum. Anyway, that's speculation on my part, but the HD radiator says 2-row. The 3.6 also uses a 1-row. At the end of the day it comes down to thermal heat transfer. It's possible a particular 3 row could have less transfer efficiency than a quality well-designed 2 row depending on construction details/materials (size of tubes, overall length of tubes, # of fins etc.). But anyway, you should be good with your new radiator.

Was your truck overheating before?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demon Hunter 441