2011 Ram 1500 4WD Problem Redux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dunney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can see your frustration but questioning the legality of 4wd badges is kind of silly especially when the 4wd worked when new. Also, Bee's suggestion is 100% accurate. Do that.

Also, if you have 4wd badges and not 4x4 you do not have the factory badges.

Lastly, you can always sell it.

I didn't buy it new, so it may have never worked. And I'm not getting into a ******* contest over badges. The point is, neither front wheel spins when I am stuck on ice or snow. How do I fix this?

Has anyone here replaced a transfer case on this generation?

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't buy it new, so it may have never worked. And I'm not getting into a ******* contest over badges. The point is, neither front wheel spins when I am stuck on ice or snow. How do I fix this?

Has anyone here replaced a transfer case on this generation?

Of course people have replaced it... but i assume you mean with something different , not that I'm aware of, that's not exactly something you just do on a tuesday. Most people don't spend 40k on a truck that doesnt' do what they want, but hey, to each his own : )

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine will spin for a brief moment before traction control shuts me down and pulls the throttle. Try this out, put in 4auto or 4x4 high, turn of traction control and try again. I bet you will be spinning some tires.