2011 Ram 4.7 Engine Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Recently purchased my 2011 Ram with a 4.7 engine which now has been sitting at the Alaska dealer since 6/30/22, diagnosed with piston slap and scored cylinder walls. My repair contract authorized repairs or replacement so a engine was ordered on July 15, 2022. FCA has notified me that my order has been upgraded to VOR, order ranked #2 but no firm ETA. Any ideas if there is a backorder on the 4.7 or how long the order to delivery process usually takes?

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I worked for a dealership in California that it took over a year to finalize a warranty engine replacement for a 3000GT because of excessive casting flash contamination.

OP
OP
AK907

AK907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
September 28, 2022. I contacted the dealer and was told that the engine was finally delivered to the Dodge dealer in Anchorage. They would not say when it was delivered. Service Tech said engine would be installed in the next 7 days. I called the Dealer on 10/4/22 to check the status of the install, I was informed that the install has been held up because the valve covers from the removed engine are missing and new ones had to be ordered. ETA…2 weeks!!!! My advice is never take your MOPAR vehicle to a MOPAR service center unless it is positively a OEM repair. I’m done with them….