2013 Subwoofer and custom fiberglass box.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Almost done. Just waiting on the carpet which should be here tomorrow.

IMG_1002_zps509d87be.jpg
IMG_1005_zpsd39ac67d.jpg

SRRamming

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Came out great. I take it that you dont have the fold out floor in the rear?

SRRamming

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fold flat rear floor thats available for 4 door models.

These cover the 2 storage areas where you built your sub enclosures. In my 2013 1500 with the premium system I have an 8" sub in the passengers side but can still retain the fold flat floor.

img_0154-768x1024.jpg

Last edited:

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That fold flat floor is only on quad cab models, not crew

Edit: What trim is yours? Looks like Laramie but the doors look like express?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Yeah I don't have the fold door. I didn't even know about that. I have a Laramie so I guess I wouldn't have it anyway.

SRRamming

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That fold flat floor is only on quad cab models, not crew
Edit: What trim is yours? Looks like Laramie but the doors look like express?

Gotcha, I have seen flat floors on crew cabs but didnt know if it was dealer installed or something that they rigged up using a quad cab set up.

I stole that image from another site but that was from an 09 Laramie. Here is my factory set up from my Big Horn Crew (ignore the dog hair, just took the pooch for a ride)

2013-02-20%2009.50.54.jpg

2013-02-20%2009.51.03.jpg

2013-02-20%2009.51.29.jpg

I am going to be looking to add another sub on the drivers side so this thread gave me a bunch of ideas.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Yeah I had the same factory subwoofer set up. I like mine better :)

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Awesome build RamFlava! I just got my 2013 Big Horn yesterday and can't wait to add my 10" JL. I went through your thread and I didn't see if you posted where you tapped for your LOC? As far as I know mine does not have a factory sub, it is the 8.4a touch screen radio though.

I was thinking of adding the AudioControl LC2i LOC that has the subwoofer control, I used one in my wifes car and it works great! Just need to familiarize myself with the truck and the pin out locations to tap.

I love the idea of running the wire for the amp under the truck, I have 2ga I believe so it will be best to go under the truck, not sure about amp placement, I can't tell how yours is placed, I have a JL amp too. I don't have the patience to do the fiberglass work, I'm going to search for a single 10" pre-built box, I have that fold out floor thing too so I think I'll have to remove it.

Thanks for the writeup... Sweet work!

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Vdub. I did use the wires that connected to the factory sub. If you don't have a factory sub, you can still connect the LOC to your vehicle speakers. I'm not sure about the 2012's, but my trucks factory amplifier is on the driver side front kick panel.

I used an easy Metra LOC that just connects 4 wires plus the ground, then you connect the RCA's to that. It was small enough to hide under the carpet in the storage well of the seats before I fiberglassed it.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I asked for some help with identifying the wire colors on Car Audio Classified.Org (CACO) and got a helpful diagram. While some power wires were different on the 2013, I think the speaker wire colors were the same. Good Luck.

"There are 2 plugs that come out of the "alpine" amp (even though it says Chrysler right on it) One is a 22 pin white plug and the other is a 16 pin black plug.

On the 22 pin connector

left to right / top to bottom

pin 1 large black wire with orange stripe (assumed ground for the amp)
pin 2 white with gray stripe (bus input)
pin 3 white with orange stripe (bus input)
pin 4 not used
pin 5 not used
pin 6 green with blue stripe (bus input)
pin 7 green with orange stripe (bus input)
pin 8 gray with blue stripe (bus input)
pin 9 gray with orange stripe (bus input)
pin 10 not used
pin 11 not used
pin 12 not used
pin 13 not used
pin 14 gray with light green stripe (RH dash speaker +)
pin 15 gray with dark green stripe (RH dash speaker -)
pin 16 gray with yellow stripe (LH dash speaker +)
pin 17 gray with no stripe (LH dash speaker -)
pin 18 green with brown stripe (LH headliner speaker -)
pin 19 green with blue stripe (LH headliner speaker +)
pin 20 gray with white stripe (sub -)
pin 21 green with white stripe (sub +)
pin 22 large yellow wire with red stripe (assumed power for the amp)

On the 16 pin connector

left to right / top to bottom

pin 1 gray with purple stripe (LH front door -)
pin 2 gray with yellow stripe (LH front door +)
pin 3 green with purple stripe (RH front door -)
pin 4 green with yellow stripe (RH front door +)
pin 5 green with brown stripe (sub +)
pin 6 gray with brown stripe (sub -)
pin 7 gray with dark green stripe (LH rear door +)
pin 8 gray with light green stripe (LH rear door -)
pin 9 green with yellow stripe (RH rear door -)
pin 10 green with gray stripe (RH rear door +)
pin 11 gray with no stripe (center dash speaker, didn't check polarity...I left it stock)
pin 12 gray with orange stripe (center dash speaker, didn't check polarity.. I left it stock)
pin 13 yellow with gray stripe (RH headliner +)
pin 14 green with no stripe (RH headliner -)
pin 15 not used
pin 16 not used

that was off a dodge forum for a 2010 with the rer alpine set up... 4th gen rams are 2009+ so maybe it hasnt changed, hope this helps bud. "

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Awesome, thank you! So there is a factory amp in the 2013? I haven't had a chance to explore yet, only had her 2 days. Mine is a 2013 also so other than the sub I should have a similar setup?

I just don't know what wires I should tap, I know you want a full range wire, before it's amplified? Need to check for a switched 12V as well.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
How long until you tap into the wiring aspect of this? I can try and get pictures of where I tapped into under the steering column for the 12v.

You can tap the LOC into any two full range speakers from the built in amp under the dash. As for where I put my amp, P2100024_zpscaec24f1.jpg it's under the passenger rear seat behind the sub box. was a tight fit.

ONE HUGE TIP I CAN GIVE!! Unplug the power to the batter as you run your 12v power the amp. If you short it out and blow the fuse, you'll be waiting for the dealership to get you a $3 fuse. It's a new type of mini fuse that isn't yet carried in Auto Parts stores so be careful.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thank you! I won't be tackling this until next weekend.

I found a box online that is supposed to fit under the rear seat so I ordered it today I'm sure it will take a few days to get. Are all the speakers in the truck full range? That is some info I can't seem to find so I'll know which ones to tap.

I like where you put that amplifier, when I lifted my rear seat I didn't notice that extra space back there, maybe I don't have that since I'm in a Quad Cab not a Laramie, I could always put it under the drivers seat. I also have those fold out false floor things under the rear seat so I'm going to have to see how to remove one to put the sub box in.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
The fold out panel should be pretty easy to remove. Likely just some torx screws.

Yeah my guess is that I had room due to the Crew Cab extended back seat area. Under the driver seat, or if you have the guys to pull your rear seats, you could mount is on the rear wall, but I hate mounting amps on their sides.

IMG_1048_zps23ece3bd.jpg

I this photo you can see the 12v source I used. It was a light blue/orange (I think orange) wire that had switched power only. It was a wire that went to something other than audio peripherals (i don't know what it is used for honestly). Also in the picture on the upper left, you can see the black box with a couple wire harnesses (one white barely visible and one black). That box is the built in amp for the stereo system. The black harness with the green wire in the picture is the 22 pin harness listed in the post with the wire diagram.

I'd say you could tap the LOC into the white wire harness:
pin 7 gray with dark green stripe (LH rear door +)
pin 8 gray with light green stripe (LH rear door -)
pin 9 green with yellow stripe (RH rear door -)
pin 10 green with gray stripe (RH rear door +)

if the colors on the 2013 match of course.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Awesome, thanks for all your help! Is the inside trim in this truck fairly easy to pull apart for running the RCA cables, and amp turn etc. My last truck (Nissan Titan) it was a piece of cake, like legos lol.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
You're welcome. I like doing this stuff, so anytime I can help, I will. I think I might have been the first on the forums to try this on the 2013, so I know your frustration. It sucks when there aren't any write ups and you really want to do a project, but you're afraid of screwing something up in a brand new truck. I just went for it and used my previous experiences with other vehicles to help me.

The trim pretty easy. Just take your time and don't let them frustrate you.