2016 Cabin Air Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

havasufrank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just completed the install

Just completed my install of the in-cabin air filter on my 2016 RAM 2500. I used the MOPAR filter access door # 68052292AA from the local dealership it cost $15.37 with tax and an O'reilly auto parts door generic cabin filter for $10. The install was straightforward; just pull the glove box (hint: grip the spring loaded cord attached to the side of the box with a small vice grip otherwise it will end up in a hard to reach location). I taped the small wire harness with duct tape out of the way so I could use a box cutter to cut the opening. So there weren't any plastic shavings that fell into the fan I heated the blade of the box cutter with a small torch and used it as a hot knife, this process worked very easy and proved to be a clean operation. The filter and cover both worked perfectly in place, but it seems they eliminated the ears on the side of the duct for the cover to attach to so to insure the lid stays in place I placed a piece of duct tape on it and the opening. There are several you tube videos I watched to make sure it was done first the first time.