2017 6.7L Cummins 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MomsRAM2500

Reaction score
Didn't know my truck with 153,000 miles that I purchased for $82,000 new off dealer lot could have its frame broken. NO RUST. Live in Arizona. Driving 5 mph when occurred this afternoon. Good thing I wasn't out on the highway driving 70 mph or I might be dead and not writing this.

Can't locate any recalls and don't know yet whether my full coverage insurance will cover this event.

I've owned RAM trucks all my life and never believed a frame could snap!

Update: Photographs taken today of frame and engine. 6.7L Cummins pulled backwards.

View attachment 537477
View attachment 537515

Last edited:

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much do you haul or tow, and how often? Also how often do you drive on roads like the one in the picture? Not saying you did anything wrong, or something like that. Just curious about how you regularly use the truck.

In regards to the comment about 5 mph....the frame was obviously already damaged and ready to break. It wasn't like the frame was fine and the force of driving 5 mph broke it, rather it was just the "straw that broke the camel's back".

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why did you take the box off of it, were you hauling a truck camper on it at one time, maybe you stressed the frame because of excess weight behind the rear axle, like we've seen on here.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Unless the OP SEVERELY overloaded the pickup and damaged the frame, or was jumping the truck, the frame on one of these should NEVER break. Period, end of story.

Waiting to hear what the OP has to say about what he found after inspecting the break.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only frame issues I have seen on 4th gens is where the rear control arm bolts Almost like Jeep wranglers if you let dirt build up inside It will rot inside out not as common but I have welded a few curious to see close up picture.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
We need the whole story.... and pictures.

I have never seen or heard of a Ram HD frame breaking before

I have seen pictures of a few, 2 in person, and heard of a few others. Of the two I saw personally, one was from jumping the truck, the other from massively oveloading it with wet dirt. Pictures i have seen were all overloads of one sort or another.

Google "ram frame breaks" and you will find a ton

Last edited:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have seen pictures of a few, 2 in person, and heard of a few others. Of the two I saw personally, one was from jumping the truck, the other from massively oveloading it with wet dirt. Pictures i have seen were all overloads of one sort or another.

Google "ram frame breaks" and you will find a ton

I guess I should have clarified, I've never see one "just break" (without some sort of abuse or excessive rust). That's why I asked for the full story, there is obviously a lot more to it then the OP is communicating.

Of course brand new member and first post is always suspicious as well......

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I guess I should have clarified, I've never see one "just break" (without some sort of abuse or excessive rust). That's why I asked for the full story, there is obviously a lot more to it then the OP is communicating.

Of course brand new member and first post is always suspicious as well......

True that, on both points.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
So, the OP had posted pics then took them down?

Idk, it may be that there was abuse on the part of owner and to many questions were being asked and he decided to quietly go away?

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably didn’t want evidence of it being overloaded out there in hopes insurance will still cover it, lol

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Look at the rust on the bottom part. That’s been broken for a long time. Driving on the dirt, eventually the crack worked its way up to where one small bump made it pop.IMG_3962.png