2018 Ram 5" Radio added Camera Icon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My father has a 2018 Ram 2500 6.7 Tradesman with the factory 5" touchscreen RA2 radio. He took his truck to the Dodge dealer Friday for the shifter interlock recall and now on the radio when you hit the physical button on the far right of the radio that says "+More" it now has a soft key button labeled "Rear Camera". When you click on it the icon lights up and the radio beeps recognizing you have touched the icon but does not pull up the oem backup camera that came factory on his truck. Anyone know what is going on? And if they maybe updated his trucks computer and now the 5" radios are able to toggle their backup camera now?

20180902_132535.jpg

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
My 2018 Tradesman with the RA2 does the same thing. Never got the rear camera to come on either in motion or at a stop. Never looked into it farther since I have gone to a aftermarket Pioneer for Android Auto.