2018 RAM Security Module Bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
still selling the bypass?

test post, it wasn't letting me send message so I was checking Tapatalk to see if I was logged in
Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
See link in the OP

M² Mods.

Thien Luu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Now taking orders for RAM Security Module Bypass Harnesses. If you have a 2018 RAM or a 2019 RAM Classic and would like to perform diagnostics or make changes to the modules of your truck using tools like AlfaOBD or AutoEngenuity, this bypass is for you. Cost of the bypass is $55.

In order to facility the ordering of the bypass, I have created a website for the orders. Please visit www.securitymodulebypass.com to order a bypass.

KRswf6U.jpg

FAQ

Does this allow access to all modules?
It has been tested connecting to the BCM and RFH. Since it bypasses the security module for both the CAN C and CAN IHS, almost all modules should be good. The one exception is the radio. The radio does not directly connect to the either CAN of the truck, it is hung off of a DMZ on the security module to protect the truck's CAN in case the radio would be comprised via the 4G cellular functionality.

Does this work with 1500, 2500, 3500, etc?
There are two different versions. One for the 1500s, and one for 2500s and up.

How long does it take to install and is the install permanent?

It take about 5 - 10 minutes to install. Installation instructions will be provided with your purchase. It can be removed in the same amount of time. The factory OBD2 port can be put back in place in less than 2 minutes without any tools.

What programs have been tested with the bypass?

At this point, AutoEngenuity, AlfaOBD, and Autel have been used with the bypass.

Should I leave the bypass installed at all times?
That is up to you. Installing the bypass does make the truck less secure by enabling the OBD2 port for use with diagnostic and configuration utilities not provided or authorized by FCA. That being said, the harness rewires the truck to be just like all previous model year RAMs. I would recommend that you remove the bypass before taking it to a dealer.

Can I use this on multiple trucks?
Yes. We have sold several of these already to dealers and third party shops who work on RAM trucks.
Just ordered mine. How long does it usually take to ship?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I saw AEV has one of these. Are they the same?

I believe that the aev one replaces the security module. So if you had to go to the dealer you'd have to pull the radio out and put the security module back in

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I have a tazer for my 2019 and love the thing. It permits suttle changes that really enjoy and use....one for sure is now co-pilot can input gps data in and search things while in motion.Having fogs on with brights down a long dark tow land back road is awesome I see deers way out to side long before I get there! It has a light show but I will never use it I dont think.The cam use is really nice can look at trailer hitch and cargo while rolling down the road with the cams really nice to look at trailer load and not have to stop You can reboot truck if weird electronic crap happens and corrects stuff instantly!

Last edited:

HEMI-FI

Active Duty Air Force ( B-2 Hydraulics)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am trying to use my HP Tuners Security bypass on my Ram 1500 Classic with the ALFA OBD, I have not been able to make any changes and I know the Alfa OBD works I used it on my 15 Chrysler 200, any ideas?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I am trying to use my HP Tuners Security bypass on my Ram 1500 Classic with the ALFA OBD, I have not been able to make any changes and I know the Alfa OBD works I used it on my 15 Chrysler 200, any ideas?

Not all bypasses are the same. Chances are the hp tuners one only bypass the ecu.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

HEMI-FI

Active Duty Air Force ( B-2 Hydraulics)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now taking orders for RAM Security Module Bypass Harnesses. If you have a 2018 RAM or a 2019 RAM Classic and would like to perform diagnostics or make changes to the modules of your truck using tools like AlfaOBD or AutoEngenuity, this bypass is for you. Cost of the bypass is $55.

In order to facility the ordering of the bypass, I have created a website for the orders. Please visit www.securitymodulebypass.com to order a bypass.

KRswf6U.jpg

FAQ

Does this allow access to all modules?
It has been tested connecting to the BCM and RFH. Since it bypasses the security module for both the CAN C and CAN IHS, almost all modules should be good. The one exception is the radio. The radio does not directly connect to the either CAN of the truck, it is hung off of a DMZ on the security module to protect the truck's CAN in case the radio would be comprised via the 4G cellular functionality.

Does this work with 1500, 2500, 3500, etc?
There are two different versions. One for the 1500s, and one for 2500s and up.

How long does it take to install and is the install permanent?

It take about 5 - 10 minutes to install. Installation instructions will be provided with your purchase. It can be removed in the same amount of time. The factory OBD2 port can be put back in place in less than 2 minutes without any tools.

What programs have been tested with the bypass?

At this point, AutoEngenuity, AlfaOBD, and Autel have been used with the bypass.

Should I leave the bypass installed at all times?
That is up to you. Installing the bypass does make the truck less secure by enabling the OBD2 port for use with diagnostic and configuration utilities not provided or authorized by FCA. That being said, the harness rewires the truck to be just like all previous model year RAMs. I would recommend that you remove the bypass before taking it to a dealer.

Can I use this on multiple trucks?
Yes. We have sold several of these already to dealers and third party shops who work on RAM trucks.
Can I get an update on the order, Thanks.

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This bypass for 2018 RAM 2500 installs under the dash left side. It does not require the removal of the radio. It enables me to us the AlfaODB MX on the above truck. I do not need the bypass that installs behind the radio.

Am I correct so far?

If I remove this bypass when I go to the dealer will my settings stay in the system or will they default?

Thank you

PS: I like the idea of the Tazer but I do not want to remove the radio every time I take the truck to the dealer.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Deerguys' cable does not require removal of the radio. You should disconnect the stock obd connector from the cable and place the stock obd connector back in the stock location before you take it in for service. Any changes you made with AlfaOBD are retained unless the dealer reflashes a module that was changed.

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks a lot, Ipennock. Sounds a bunch easier than the Tazer bypass.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Thanks a lot, Ipennock. Sounds a bunch easier than the Tazer bypass.

A trick I did was use a 90 degree OBD extension cable between the stock OBD connector and where the stock OBD connector plugs into the bypass harness. This keeps the stock connector in the stock location. Then when I go to the dealer I just unplug the extension cable from the stock connector and tuck it in the dash.

The 90 degree cable sits almost flush with the dash when plugged into the stock connector. Makes for a real nice clean looking setup.

Reefer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My buddy has a 18 2500 and wants to add the factory remote start, is this what he needs? I have the alfa obd and already did my 17.

Yazen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A trick I did was use a 90 degree OBD extension cable between the stock OBD connector and where the stock OBD connector plugs into the bypass harness. This keeps the stock connector in the stock location. Then when I go to the dealer I just unplug the extension cable from the stock connector and tuck it in the dash.

The 90 degree cable sits almost flush with the dash when plugged into the stock connector. Makes for a real nice clean looking setup.
Care to show a picture please? Thank you

Yazen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone,

I am unable to find the white CAN terminal block, I can see the green one only! Is it possible my truck doesn't have one?

Thanks

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hello everyone,

I am unable to find the white CAN terminal block, I can see the green one only! Is it possible my truck doesn't have one?

Thanks
Look for the same colored connectors. IIRC, the green block as the white connectors.