2018 RAM Security Module Bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xpack109

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Now this is just me being difficult but is there a way to make a harness for diff vehicles but the same harness need one for a 2018 Jeep and one for a 2018 ram

Don_T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Deereguy, did you get the PM I sent you Monday? I need this harness as well as the harness for the single zone climate control.

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks Mike. I eagerly await the bypass. I'll gladly give a review after I've had a chance to work with it. As a side note, I also ordered a Scantool OBDLink MX as it was advised to be the best way to reliably work with the security aspects of the modules. Thanks everyone for pointing this out to me in my quest to alter dealer options like Daytime Driving Lights. The local dealers were quoting me 160ish just to activate that feature.

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Worked like a charm and super easy to install. Very well put together. Would absolutely recommend to anyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Received my Bypass harness on Wednesday or Thursday and it’s beautiful. Better quality than what I could have done by far. Already turned my DRLs on with OBDlink MX and Alpha OBD and couldn’t be happier. Thank you Deereguy!

Edit - Also can forget Mike G. For getting me the 7 spd harness and getting them shipped together!

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black 4 Quad Halogens with HID conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, 8.4 UAQ conversion(in progress)

Last edited:

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This bypass harness is BEAUTIFUL and an easy install. All the information of the Forum for the OBDMX and the AlfaOBD make it a breeze to use. Just like Paul Lawson said, DRL's turned on, have my 7 speed harness and soon the overhead console harness.

YES, these gentlemen make better wiring harness setups than FCA.
Thanks Deereguy and Mike G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
if these are still available i would like to get one for my '18 2500 Bighorn Cummins.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go to the first message in this thread click on Deereguy name and send him a message directly. He will get you what you need

LED Tail Lights, Black 4 Quad Halogens with HID conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, 8.4 UAQ conversion!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so, I get that this harness thing bypasses some security module and allows you to make changes to our trucks but once the security is bypassed, what all can we change on our trucks afterwards with that alpha OBD thing, other than DRL’s and somethin’ with fog lights? Could it maybe disable MDS?

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so, I get that this harness thing bypasses some security module and allows you to make changes to our trucks but once the security is bypassed, what all can we change on our trucks afterwards with that alpha OBD thing, other than DRL’s and somethin’ with fog lights? Could it maybe disable MDS?

I'm sure others will chime in or correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, only a tuner can disable MDS (well, you can do it too by adjusting the gear selector on your steering wheel). It helps, I think, to imagine it this way: tuners control the heart of your truck (the engine), while that AlphaOBD system controls the body (exterior and interior functions).

TXCOMT

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
The Alfa app can only unlock programs that are already in the computer from the factory. It can't rewrite programs, so anything that a factory truck can't do this app can't do. The only way I'm aware of to disable MDS is with a tuner. Somebody correct me if im wrong.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

There is a lot of stuff you can do. For people with lower trim trucks you can upgrade power folding mirrors. Add OEM remote start. Add auto dim/auto high beam rear view mirrors. Can your tire sizes for aftermarket tires. Program your own Tip KeyFobs($50-$75 at the dealer just in labor alone. This is just some examples of what you can do. Most if not all upgrades require sales codes for all functions to work properly. Instead of going to the dealer and then charging you an hour labor to add one sales code you can do everything yourself. And some codes like Single Zone ATC for the 8.4 radio upgrade dealers can not activate. Because of their restrictions

Example. I added the Wiring running from the hood latch of my truck to the BCM for Remote start. Added the 5 codes with this program and Bam. I have factory remote start and I didn’t even have to deal with the money gouging hypocrites of the good old Dealers. Don’t get me wrong. Some dealers can be good but most are not.

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion! MTC to ATC Mod almost

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a lot of stuff you can do. For people with lower trim trucks you can upgrade power folding mirrors. Add OEM remote start. Add auto dim/auto high beam rear view mirrors. Can your tire sizes for aftermarket tires. Program your own Tip KeyFobs($50-$75 at the dealer just in labor alone. This is just some examples of what you can do. Most if not all upgrades require sales codes for all functions to work properly. Instead of going to the dealer and then charging you an hour labor to add one sales code you can do everything yourself. And some codes like Single Zone ATC for the 8.4 radio upgrade dealers can not activate. Because of their restrictions
I guess this is something I really don’t need then I spose as I already have most of that stuff on my Limited. Well, not the tow mirrors with the unlock ability to have the power fold option but all that other stuff.

Example. I added the Wiring running from the hood latch of my truck to the BCM for Remote start. Added the 5 codes with this program and Bam. I have factory remote start and I didn’t even have to deal with the money gouging hypocrites of the good old Dealers. Don’t get me wrong. Some dealers can be good but most are not.

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion! MTC to ATC Mod almost

Hmm. I figured if your truck didn’t come with the remote start stuff that it wouldn’t have all the modules and stuff either.

Yeah some dealers are not snobs. One of the dealers I go to activated my DRL’s and didn’t even charge me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this harness can have tow mirrors to power fold like the 2500 trucks?

If you have a program to program it like AlfaOBD

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Alpha bod would be worth it to me.... i gave up the power fold 360 degrees cams for the manual fold tow mirrors when i ordered my Laramie... would love to have the mirrors to power fold could care less about the cam