2019 1500 classic internal electronic brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rambow28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed an electronic internal brake on my ram 1500 classic flashed it with OBD alpha The brake is working I can see it on the instrument cluster with all the adjustments and I did hook it up to a trailer and it seems to be working fine but it does not show up in my radio display and I thought that it would show up as a trailer set up so I could name the different trailers I have did I do something wrong when I use the OBD alpha?The brake is working I can see it on the instrument cluster with all the adjustments and I did hook it up to a trailer and it seems to be working fine but it does not show up in my radio display and I thought that it would show up as a trailer set up so I could name the different trailers I have, did I do something wrong when I use the OBD alpha Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you very much

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Per the known working list for AlfaOBD there was a couple of changes related to the trailer setting in the radio(8.4):

Trailer select csm

Select “yes”

Trailer name csm

Select “yes”

Trailer type csm

Select “yes”

Did you change all three of these?
You may need to a soft boot of the radio also, some people have reported changes on the radio can take a while.

OP
OP
R

Rambow28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I have tried that but with no luck I’ll go back in the program and take a look to make sure that I’m doing it in the correct location thanks for the advice

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I installed an electronic internal brake on my ram 1500 classic flashed it with OBD alpha The brake is working I can see it on the instrument cluster with all the adjustments and I did hook it up to a trailer and it seems to be working fine but it does not show up in my radio display and I thought that it would show up as a trailer set up so I could name the different trailers I have did I do something wrong when I use the OBD alpha?The brake is working I can see it on the instrument cluster with all the adjustments and I did hook it up to a trailer and it seems to be working fine but it does not show up in my radio display and I thought that it would show up as a trailer set up so I could name the different trailers I have, did I do something wrong when I use the OBD alpha Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you very much
Do you have the basic instrument cluster with the non touchscreen radio? Do you change settings such as “sound horn with locks” in the radio settings, or in the cluster using the steering wheel controls?

OP
OP
R

Rambow28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No I didn’t change any other settings except for the brake control

OP
OP
R

Rambow28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I do have the touchscreen radio also.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Bruh...punctuation, try it, it’s all the rage lol

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Bruh...punctuation, try it, it’s all the rage lol
We all understand exactly what he’s saying.
@Rambow28, how long has it been since you enabled those CustSetMenu settings? It takes a while for them to show up in the radio.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I installed a trailer brake module and switch on my 13(I put a 2015 8.4 ra4 in my 13 that came with a ra3 radio). When dealer flashed it, showed on my evic display, but not on my radio. I had a usb with current radio firmware, stuck it in usb port, nothing seemed to be happening, then notice pops up on radio screen, update complete. Looked in radio settings and had trailer brake info in radio. Also the plug in for trailer brake switch, I found I have to double check each time that it's plugged in all the way, will show working, but no # setting on brake. 3 times when I removed radio, the plug wasn't seated like it should and had to go back in and plug it in.

OP
OP
R

Rambow28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s been Approximately a week and a half since I flashed for the brake control as I stated everything works good on the cluster display the brake works fine I tested it on the trailer but nothing on the radio I’ll go back and re-check my settings on the alpha OBD and see if maybe I miss a setting at some point