2019 classic 8.4 android auto disconnects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Every now and then while using android auto, it'll disconnect and usually it'll reconnect right away. I'm thinking it could be an issue with the cable I'm using or possibly with the media outlet (jump seat console). Usually isn't a big deal, but it's a pain when it cuts out while trying to see where the upcoming turn is. Far as I can tell, everything is up to date. I'll probably end up ordering a new cord to see if that helps.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Try using a good cable, I use these with no issues: Anker Type C Charger Premium Nylon USB Cable , USB A to Type C Charging Cable Fast https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC5PPFV/

or you could go wireless, I use the modulenfrom AAWireless:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Every now and then while using android auto, it'll disconnect and usually it'll reconnect right away. I'm thinking it could be an issue with the cable I'm using or possibly with the media outlet (jump seat console). Usually isn't a big deal, but it's a pain when it cuts out while trying to see where the upcoming turn is. Far as I can tell, everything is up to date. I'll probably end up ordering a new cord to see if that helps.
If jumpseat console, see if flipping the seat back causes disconnect. Also try bouncing in the drivers seat or wiggling the harnesses underneath the seat to replicste.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try using a good cable, I use these with no issues: Anker Type C Charger Premium Nylon USB Cable , USB A to Type C Charging Cable Fast https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC5PPFV/

or you could go wireless, I use the modulenfrom AAWireless:
I like the idea of wireless how well does it work?

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If jumpseat console, see if flipping the seat back causes disconnect. Also try bouncing in the drivers seat or wiggling the harnesses underneath the seat to replicste.
I have to pull my seat out one of these days to see if I can find the source of the seat pop that I've had, so perhaps I'll check all the wiring underneath when I'm at it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I like the idea of wireless how well does it work?
So far works just like plugging the phone into the USB. Takes about 30 seconds for the connection to the phone. Only quirk is the radio USB/media port stays powered so sometimes if your close to the truck it will try to connect when the truck isn't running. Just turn the Bluetooth off on the phone to stop an unwanted connection.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500