2019 Classic Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mleach2114

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen numerous posts here about the infamous fog light loose in the housing issue. I purchased my truck used in February 2020 and the issue was not there but over the last few months the fog lights have slowly loosened to the point i dont use them as it is too distracting at night.

I made an appt and took it to the dealer today as i am still under factory warranty.

5 minutes later and service advisor comes out and says the flickering is due to LED bulbs and there is nothing we can do. I explained it is not a flicker but that the light itself is bouncing around with any imperfection in the road and that those bulbs were in there when i purchased the truck. He goes on to say that those bulbs don't belong in there and that is causing the issue. I again explain that the issue has appeared over time and that it was not present when i purchased the truck, i then walked up to the truck and showed him that you can physically move the fog lamp around with your hand. I also explained the numerous posts I've read about the same issue and the cause. He goes to speak to someone else and comes back.

His answer - I can't fix what isn't broken, put some halogen bulbs in there and if it persists bring it back. I asked how putting a different bulb in the housing is going to make a difference to which he didn't have an answer and stood firm. I said are you really going to make me go home, put a different bulb in it and bring it back. He again said there is nothing he could do.

Other than replacing the bulbs and bringing it back or finding another dealer (only close one) i'm not sure what else to do and am kind of stunned at the lack of common sense in the answer. I can certainly replace the bulb which i know isn't going to change anything but then the hassle of making another appt and bringing it back up there just seems ridiculous to me over something that is obvious. Anyone experience anything similar and if so how did you get the issue resolved?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Typical FCA. Spend more time finding a reason to not work on it, than it would take to actually fix it.

I would have gotten halogens and driven right back to the dealer and replaced them in their parking lot.

Or maybe just remove the bulbs altogether then shake the enclosure and see if they say its because the bulbs need to be in there to keep it from moving lol

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This issue isn't really even worth fighting the dealer for. Go get some zip ties and crawl underneath and fix it. The reason you see it with leds is because they are so much brighter, it's more noticeable. When I swapped in leds, I did the zip tie trick at the same time. FYI, the Toyota tundra does the same thing. My foglights bounced around just as bad as the ram and I ended up using a zip tie to prevent it.