2020 Ram Power Wagon Recent Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
I'm heading to Iowa next week to get my Bundutec rooftop tent. The tent is made in South Africa and is made with metal and canvas versus plastic and nylon. The big reasons for this tent are the following: The tent opens and closes with the push of a button and holds all the bedding inside when closed. Lighting and two fans come installed in the tent. I may go ahead and get a solar panel for the roof. I've ordered a 600w power cell to power the tent.

From Iowa with tent installed we are heading out to Montana for some cold weather camping and overlanding. We will see just how well those military sleep systems work in cold weather. Photos will follow.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Condensation while camping in low Fahrenheit temperatures builds up a layer of ice all around inside our rear bunk pop-out trailer's tent when anyone or dogs sleep in it. Might have to leave the door open on your tent.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Condensation while camping in low Fahrenheit temperatures builds up a layer of ice all around inside our rear bunk pop-out trailer's tent when anyone or dogs sleep in it. Might have to leave the door open on your tent.
Same issue I had with my freespirit offroad trailer with tent top and GFC and even my Aliner. aliner at least had a vent fan but still when really cold condensation was an issue. The GFC when it was down in the low teens would really get wet inside even with fully opened up.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Thanks for the info gentleman. We will keep some windows cracked and monitor for moisture.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Visiting Bundutec USA in Raymond Iowa. It looks like their primary business is offroad campers. I'm getting the King rooftop tent from South Africa installed.20220218_093911.jpg20220218_095135.jpg20220218_100038.jpg20220218_100017.jpg

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Currently the tent has 4 sleeping bags, 2 blankets and two pillows inside. That freed up half the back seat +-.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Did some camping in the Black Hills until the Temps went below zero. Now I'm driving through Yellowstone. I'll make my way down thru Colorado next.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Did some camping in the Black Hills until the Temps went below zero. Now I'm driving through Yellowstone. I'll make my way down thru Colorado next.

Howdy, welcome down through the Western Slope of Colorado. 17" of new snow in the past 48 hours. Across the Rockies in Denver their minus Fahrenheit cold broke a 123 year old record. Our north-south highway is still closed...

Travel Impact | Closed US 550
US Highway 550 Red Mountain Pass between Silverton and Ouray, remains closed. Crews are currently mitigating snow slide paths and performing snow removal along this northern section of the corridor. Winter maintenance operation will continue through tomorrow 2/26.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
We had -18 lows in S Dakota. I'm using a stockpile of hotel points until temps get warmer. The Toyo MTs are doing well in snow and ice. We have three more days in the Tetons before heading to Colorado. We have a favorite camp site near Rico Colorado. Maybe Temps will warm enough for us to enjoy it.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
We had -18 lows in S Dakota. I'm using a stockpile of hotel points until temps get warmer. The Toyo MTs are doing well in snow and ice. We have three more days in the Tetons before heading to Colorado. We have a favorite camp site near Rico Colorado. Maybe Temps will warm enough for us to enjoy it.

Rico is around 9,000 feet in elevation. Bring a very big snow shovel or a backhoe.

I've winter camped at Hovenweep which is warmer. McPhee Reservoir isn't so accommodating due to everything is closed off including any easy lake access.