2021 air ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a 2" leveling kit installed by 4 Wheel Parts.
They installed both front and rear links.
Update... My bad.. this is the kit they installed... not the links
https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-front-leveling-lift-kit-31012.html?find=2021-ram-1500-4wd-755203

IMG_20210228_192853__01.jpg

I can raise to normal. When I try to go to off road 1 it never gets their and I get the message show in the picture below

View media item 30654
View media item 30651
If I then try to do anything I get
View media item 30652
The only way I can get it to work again is set it in tire jack mode. When I do that I can hear the air going out.

These are the current ride height
2021-02-28_19-23-10.jpg

Am I doing something wrong or was this not installed correctly

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Had a 2" leveling kit installed by 4 Wheel Parts.
They installed both front and rear links.
View media item 30653
I can raise to normal. When I try to go to off road 1 it never gets their and I get the message show in the picture below

View media item 30654
View media item 30651
If I then try to do anything I get
View media item 30652
The only way I can get it to work again is set it in tire jack mode. When I do that I can hear the air going out.

Am I doing something wrong or was this not installed correctly
When you left 4 wheel parts did they demo the ride heights for you?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Nope... did not demo anything to me and didn't give me the stock links... :(
Well only thing you can do is bring it back. Get your factory links and have them repair the original install. It’s unfortunate but happens to the best of us sometimes.

OP
OP
K

klind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well only thing you can do is bring it back. Get your factory links and have them repair the original install. It’s unfortunate but happens to the best of us sometimes.

It also looks like the links they installed are not adjustable. Seen some other ones online that are.
I actually also thought they were only installing in the front (my bad for not asking)
What I assume is happening now is that the truck cannot go into Off Road 1 as the bag simply cannot go higher - and then it fails.
You know if doing any of this void warranty?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
It also looks like the links they installed are not adjustable. Seen some other ones online that are.
I actually also thought they were only installing in the front (my bad for not asking)
What I assume is happening now is that the truck cannot go into Off Road 1 as the bag simply cannot go higher - and then it fails.
You know if doing any of this void warranty?
If you take your truck to the dealer you put your factory links on for warranty purposes. Leveling links trick the computer into thinking your ride height is lower than it is. I’ve had guys bring in all kinds of links and brands into my shop I can’t even keep up with them anymore. There used to be 2-3 companies making them and they were all adjustable.
4 wheels parts is a reputable place they should take care of you. I can’t tell from your receipt what was installed

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, I was just gonna say...it states right on their website that off road 1 and 2 can no longer be used.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
They actually did not change the links. They installed the brackets shown below.
( I thought they changed the links )

Turns out there was some missing information. Looking at
https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-...?find=2021-ram-1500-4wd-755203&sid=ogcrfgzwZH
At the bottom it says...

• Will NOT be able to use Off Road Mode 1 and 2 due to new lift height.
I don’t touch anything rough country at my shop. Personal preference I won’t give it to my customers.
Are you happy with the height other than not being able to access the settings?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They actually did not change the links. They installed the brackets shown below.
( I thought they changed the links )

Turns out there was some missing information. Looking at
https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-...?find=2021-ram-1500-4wd-755203&sid=ogcrfgzwZH
At the bottom it says...

• Will NOT be able to use Off Road Mode 1 and 2 due to new lift height.

That’s pretty neat and actually pretty cheap compared to the links that almost everybody else sells, and actually looks a lot easier to install.

But I’m curious- being that these systems utilize more air for the lift instead of a spacer for the traditional leveling kits, how was the front of your ride quality affected? I’ve heard that it makes the front ride a lot stiffer due to the front bags having more air in them but sometimes I wonder if my system could use more air because maybe not so much when the aero-mode is turned off but when it’s on and when you hit a roller coaster rough patch in some of these roads around here that it feels like the front of my truck bottoms out a little..... but speaking of which, does your aero-mode still work? What about the entry/exit mode?

I guess I could do without the entry/exit mode since I can’t even remember the last time I used it but even though I don’t off-road, I sure like having OF2 mode for other purposes, though. Makes hooking up to a trailer a breeze but I guess I really don’t need that luxury....lol. It also helps when it comes oil change time because when the front of my truck is up on my ramps and the suspension is in OF2 mode, it sure makes it easy dropping the oil and being able to sit up cross legged to change that awfully hard to reach oil filter.... but then again, the front of the truck will always be an extra two inches higher so I guess it don’t matter....lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk