2022 went into limp mode at 3500 miles on the interstate in downtown Atlanta!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeveretts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
We went on a multistate adventure, pulling our little camper behind our new RAM. Coming through Atlanta on I-75 right in the middle of downtown, the truck started acting bad. The RPMs were up and the truck would not shift. It was stuck in 4th gear. We pulled off the highway and I noticed I had 3rd and 4th but nothing else, so very slow taking off in 3rd with a trailer in tow, and no speed once moving in 4th since the engine was winding out. It was also very clunky shifting. I had a check engine light, and the auto start stop warning light was on.
I got off the highway and turned the truck off and on and it went back to normal, however the CEL remained. I drove about 15 miles out of my way to Calavan Jeep Dodge RAM in Atlanta. They put a POD on and told me it had code U0403 "Implausible data received from TCM". They also told me there was nothing they could do for me and gave me the number to Chrysler Roadside assistance.

I drove it about 400 miles straight home and it was fine the whole time with the exception of the CEL.

The next morning when I woke up the CEL was off. I took it to my selling dealer and they kept it all day. They told me there was nothing wrong with it.

So has anybody seen this before?

OP
OP
jeveretts

jeveretts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
How much weight were you pulling?
3200 lbs on an Andersen weight distribution hitch. Also, this picture is right after I bought the truck. the motorcycle wasn't in the bed. Temps were all looking good at the time, coolant was around 220, transmission was around 190. Air temp was like low 70's and it was not raining. The only thing I might mention is that parts of that highway are ROUGH! I mean man sized potholes, but I didn't hit a pothole immediately before the incident.

Edit: also, I was running in Tow/Haul mode, and setting the cruise at 65.

Attachments

• A8699AAD-01F9-4480-A9DE-26866F400271.jpeg
    A8699AAD-01F9-4480-A9DE-26866F400271.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: