Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChaseSmokesMids

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys

I have a stock 2020 Ram 1500 LoneStar currently on stock 275/65 R18 wheels and tires

I found a sweet deal on a set of 33x12.5R22 wheels and tires with a -44 offset

I know I’m gonna rub at full lock, my question is how bad..

Also; Any recommendations for a leveling kit or spacers? Or both?

Attachments

• IMG_9905.jpeg
    IMG_9905.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 3

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I have 33/12.5s don't rub at all. Not to sound like a dink but I hope it's gonna be a street truck because 22s and offroad tires is as bad as making your truck have the California lean :argue:

OP
OP
ChaseSmokesMids

ChaseSmokesMids

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 33/12.5s don't rub at all. Not to sound like a dink but I hope it's gonna be a street truck because 22s and offroad tires is as bad as making your truck have the California lean :argue:

Tires are Venom Power Ragnarok GTS​

Definitely not a mud tire

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the help man!
I’m not a fan of your build at all, honestly.
But you know what they say about opinions…
Right, can't lead a horse to water

Apart from the anesthetics, what you are considering is a tire with very little sidewall on a relatively heavy vehicle

Your ride would be very unforgiving

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yeah those should fit and not rub toooo bad. I didn't see the - 44 offset till I just reread it. You may get a little rub on the rear fender plastic with the wheel turned. The only time mine ever rubbed is when I'm turned full lock in reverse and hit a 3 inch drop. Normally tho I have no issues. No lifts or levels.

Also not knocking the build just hate the guys that put a slivver of a mud tire on and then wonder why they keep bending things or just never see anything but pavment. Throw pics up when it's done.

OP
OP
ChaseSmokesMids

ChaseSmokesMids

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Right, can't lead a horse to water

Apart from the anesthetics, what you are considering is a tire with very little sidewall on a relatively heavy vehicle

Your ride would be very unforgiving
Again, I appreciate traction on this thread, but I didn’t ask for opinions on tire size or ride quality at all
I’m asking questions pertaining to what I want

10 years ago my 2nd gen had 24x 12.5 wides with 1.5 inch spacers, I hit reflectors in both sides when I drove down the road

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpeg
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
ChaseSmokesMids

ChaseSmokesMids

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah those should fit and not rub toooo bad. I didn't see the - 44 offset till I just reread it. You may get a little rub on the rear fender plastic with the wheel turned. The only time mine ever rubbed is when I'm turned full lock in reverse and hit a 3 inch drop. Normally tho I have no issues. No lifts or levels.

Also not knocking the build just hate the guys that put a slivver of a mud tire on and then wonder why they keep bending things or just never see anything but pavment. Throw pics up when it's done.
THANK YOU! Just wanted a lil reassurance from someone who actually has experience in the topic. You’re the man

I actually found another set of wheels with the same specs so now it’s a toss up between the both for me, but I will definitely be going for more of an all season/ car style tire as opposed to any mud tire either way, too much road noise for me.
Will post pics when I think she’s ready!

OP
OP
ChaseSmokesMids

ChaseSmokesMids

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why spend all of that money to create problems?
Honest answer;
I did it with a few second gens in my previous years, and I did have to pay to play. Lot of replacing parts

However doing it stock height, means I can put my stock wheels back on and take it in for warranty. Truck only has 23k miles on it

After buying 6 new vehicles from our local dodge dealer in the past few years, they don’t give us any hassle, i also ran it by the service manager first.

Thank you for the question

OP
OP
ChaseSmokesMids

ChaseSmokesMids

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Thank you again for the help my man!
You were dead-nuts spot on too, by the way. I barely rub at all, just a bit in reverse while turning.
All the rubbing is also only on inner fender liner, no metal or suspension ( 2 inches away from UCA)

The set i bought already had tires on them, and I couldn’t wait to test the fitment any longer.
Will be getting wrapped in fresh all seasons soon

Wheels are fuel triton 22x12 -44 offset
Tires are 33x12.5

Makes the rake VERY noticeable, will probably be leveling the front

Attachments

• IMG_0194.jpeg
    IMG_0194.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0192.jpeg
    IMG_0192.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 5