2500 Steering Wheel Clicking Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ABORAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Wanted to give an update and seek some advice from people here about the site about the clicking noise issue I'm having with my 2500. A clicking noise presented about a week after I purchased my truck. Took it to the dealer and after four times going back and forth, they replaced the steering column and steering shaft. They didn't think the noise was coming from the clock spring, and the issue seemed to be resolved after the replacing the steering column and shaft. However, it's been about a month after the repair and the sound is back again.

Has anyone found a definitive solution to this problem?

Kabitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Wanted to give an update and seek some advice from people here about the site about the clicking noise issue I'm having with my 2500. A clicking noise presented about a week after I purchased my truck. Took it to the dealer and after four times going back and forth, they replaced the steering column and steering shaft. They didn't think the noise was coming from the clock spring, and the issue seemed to be resolved after the replacing the steering column and shaft. However, it's been about a month after the repair and the sound is back again.

Has anyone found a definitive solution to this problem?
Any updates on this ?
My 2019 2500 is doing this, its louder during the warmer months than it is during the cooler months ( Sacramento) I took it in a few months ago and they couldn't where the noise was coming from.

Heffner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just bought a $83,000 2024 Ram 1500 Limited DT. Steering column constantly, noticeably clicks when turning. Has anyone gotten this successfully resolved?
This is the 7th new Ram Limited I have purchased in the last 25 years and it’s always something.