3.6L pentastar 4x4 on a 6" lift with 35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgemgzz98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L pentastar
should I lift my v6 with a 6" lift with 35s? Will I be pushing It too much? or will It be fine?

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Are you going to regear it?

Depending on your expectations it may be fine, or it could be a dog. The V6 has more power than V8’s did back in the bad old days of early emission controls.

In my opinion it wouldn’t be a very satisfying truck to drive, even with a regear, by modern standards.

MidTennMtneer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
Depends on your gears as said. What ratio do you have now? 3.21? Sorry if it is in your sig. Tapatalk doesn't show them.

I've got 3.21s with a 3" (2.8 bills) and just 33s but wider (305/55/20), and there is a difference. Lost about 3mpg and it pulls out a bit slower. Has a slight lag now. Pedal Commander would probably fix it but I haven't looked in to it.

35s would probably affect it more with 3.21s. You'd most likely have to go with LT tires and would be looking at 20 plus lbs extra per corner. One reason I stayed with 33s is I could go lighter P Metric. Most of my extra weight though is my wheels.

If i could change anything on my truck it would be having 3.55s.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk