3 years and almost traded Almost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Well i seen all the big sales on the new rams and my dealer had a 19 tradesman Cummins truck in the lot a CCLB white truck. I got caught up in the sale and went and checked it out and boy the new tradesman is quite a upgrade from the older ones lol. Anyways i was talking to the salesman and going thru the upgrades i have done to my truck over the last 3 years and i just started feeling sick thinking about someone else enjoying/ driving MY truck Haha.
So 3 years ago i had a lot of trouble out of a Cummins truck i had and called my dealer to look for another hemi truck since i had 2 before and they served me well. This time i wanted a white crew cab long bed white 4x4. At 3 years it's the longest i have ever kept a single vehicle other than a bigdog chopper i had 6 years.
This truck with less than 100 miles on it was hit with a carport in a storm and whole passenger side and windshield replaced, at 15000 miles was hit on driver side totaling my trailer and 8500 damage to driver side lol
But my body shop took care of me and paint matched my bumpers and grill while he was rebuilding it. And i thought i would throw a list of my upgrades and say still 3 years and i love the truck. Here is my list and some photos
What have y'all done to your HD truck and what was your favorite upgrade to date??
So far my truck has around 31,000 miles
It's a 2017 2500 6.4 hemi
No issues whatsoever with the truck.
My upgrade list
Amerihood fiberglass hood
4.88 gear swap
2.5 front 1.5 rear level
Vision wheels
Mastercraft CXT 35" tires
Muffler and resonator delete magnaflow installed
S&B CAI
Steering wheel audio switches installed
Premium cluster upgrade
Linex spray in bed liner
Tinted windows
Also installed a front facing camera waiting on new stereo to connect it
Paint matched bumpers and grill
Headlights
And i have ordered the 12.1" Phoenix radio
Should be here soon i hope lol
I also did away with the 4x4 off road stickers on the bed and my wife installed the new quarter stickers lol
I'm hoping this truck last me a lot longer it is not my daily driver i just picked up a nice lil f150 for a work ride but i still enjoy driving my ram atleast a time or 2 a week

20191101_151523.jpg

20191101_151144.jpg

20191017_163139.jpg

20190314_115110.jpg

20191117_153035.jpg

BenWade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's no way I would trade your truck in for a new Tradesman. I used to keep trucks for only a year or two but I've found there is a feel of accomplishment to maintain a vehicle and get it past 150k or 200k miles. That and the money I save [emoji383]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
allenmp

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
There's no way I would trade your truck in for a new Tradesman. I used to keep trucks for only a year or two but I've found there is a feel of accomplishment to maintain a vehicle and get it past 150k or 200k miles. That and the money I save [emoji383]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This was my main thinking lol
I didn't realize the work i had done until i was telling him. Plus starting all over hit me like a stack of bricks Haha. Even though the new tradesman is nicer. Mine started as a fleet truck and i liked that cause it was a blank canvas to make my own.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like yours more anyway lol. Just give it time and someone will find a way to make all those new features work on yours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yours is great, plus you know it well. Buying something new could bring on a whole new set of problems, not to mention all the mods on yours already! Know what you mean though-easy to get caught up in the newness.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
There's nothing like buying a new vehicle and driving it off the lot that first time knowing that it's brand new and you are not buying someone else's problem child. New can still have issues, but it's great knowing how it's been cared for from day one.

I've been fortunate and blessed to have been able to own purchase some new vehicles over the years and it never gets old.. so I completely understand the excitement.

With that said, you have a very nice truck with a ton of great mods so I totally understand wanting to keep it.

OP
OP
allenmp

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
There's nothing like buying a new vehicle and driving it off the lot that first time knowing that it's brand new and you are not buying someone else's problem child. New can still have issues, but it's great knowing how it's been cared for from day one.

I've been fortunate and blessed to have been able to own purchase some new vehicles over the years and it never gets old.. so I completely understand the excitement.

With that said, you have a very nice truck with a ton of great mods so I totally understand wanting to keep it.

Thank you
That's is what happened i just got caught up in it lol i bought my truck with 9 miles on the clock and it felt great. And every time i drive it i like it more. For the price i think I'll just upgrade my interior the way i want it Haha

OP
OP
allenmp

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yours is great, plus you know it well. Buying something new could bring on a whole new set of problems, not to mention all the mods on yours already! Know what you mean though-easy to get caught up in the newness.

This is very true. The last Cummins i had was a huge problem child. This one has been great so far

OP
OP
allenmp

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I like yours more anyway lol. Just give it time and someone will find a way to make all those new features work on yours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

I do find more and more upgrades daily for three 4th gen. I am starting on the interior this year lol