3500 level + towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Ok guys/gals, here is what I am trying to accomplish, any advice is much appreciated!

I have a 2019 3500 mega Cummins. I regularly tow ~16K# 5th wheel. I installed ride rite air system on back axle to help level when towing, it works great. My front is stock. I changed tires/wheels and am now running 35’s with very slight rub at full lock on the fender well plastic on both sides.

I want to level my front to get rid of the rub but I don’t want to have to jack up my air bags an additional 2” to stay level when towing, putting my camper geometry a bit out of whack (it already rides a tad high in the front).

Should I install the front level kit (carli) and just use my rear air bags to level when towing and just live with the trailer being a bit high?

Or, should I try to go with air bags on the front too and allow for adjustment? Something like the Kelderman or flight fabrications system?

Or is there a solution I have not considered?

thank you!

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
It is my understanding that leveling and towing don't really go together very well, especially with heavy trailers

OP
OP
Recontango

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
It is my understanding that leveling and towing don't really go together very well, especially with heavy trailers
Thanks, I agree in general but hoping I can get some first hand experience as well.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only way I see it is you either level the front conventionally, and jack the ass end up higher when towing and have an angled trailer...

Or, go with some type of adjustable (air?) setup up front, so you can raise it to level when not towing, then lower it down when you do tow. I know there is a company who makes an adjustable spacer level kit, but not sure how quickly/easily they can be adjusted.

OP
OP
Recontango

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Only way I see it is you either level the front conventionally, and jack the ass end up higher when towing and have an angled trailer...

Or, go with some type of adjustable (air?) setup up front, so you can raise it to level when not towing, then lower it down when you do tow. I know there is a company who makes an adjustable spacer level kit, but not sure how quickly/easily they can be adjusted.

Thanks, I am leaning towards air in the front to do just what you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
If you are going to go air, might as well go air on all four corners and use the Kelderman system that levels itself too.