4th gen vs 5th gen accelerator response mystery!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Well, when I finally blow up my transmission because of the stroked/supercharged/ported monster that sits in my engine bay, I'll be figuring out how to move to one of these!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well, when I finally blow up my transmission because of the stroked/supercharged/ported monster that sits in my engine bay, I'll be figuring out how to move to one of these!
The HP90 is getting to be a fairly popular swap for the HP70 these days. The 70 can be built to handle a fair bit of power though.

bandit1170

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Throttle Response is merely a setting because it's electrical.... I use Pedal Commander....
This is the issue. I moved from a 2005 1500 2x to a 2018 Laramie 4x4 and really noticed the throttle lag. Get a Pedal Commander and it will fix the problem. The 2018’s have a throttle by wire system not a mechanical linkage to the throttle body. I assume the 2022’s are the same but tuned better. The Pedal Commander is easy plug and play install. Even in Eco mode the throttle response is better, more predictable, slower, but not laggy. City+ and Sport modes are super fun, when gas isn’t $5+ a gallon.

OP
OP
D

djmjr77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Thanks for all the responses!! So.. had to take the truck in for service and had the tech reset all of the adaptive settings, after driving the truck a few days, it does feel much better.. to the point I may not be able to tell unless I drive another loaner(hopefully not.. lol).
I'm guessing the previous owner was a lazy driver and the truck adapted to that.
I did also do the "pedal" reset .. key on engine off, then press the gas all the way down and back up.. cycle the ignition .. dont know if this is snake oil thought cause I read it on the internet...
One other thing I noticed, it seems in the 2022 the MDS is implemented much better, doesn't seem to engage as much as in my 2018.. that could be a small factor also..
Overall I am happy where the truck is now..

Thanks again

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4