6.4 w/8 speed towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearcatrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Tried to find the thread where I posted about my 3/4 ton with a 6 speed and 6.4 engine going through the mountains but couldn’t find it so posting a new thread. Couple years ago I towed my 10,000 lb trailer from Minnesota to Colorado With my 3/4 ton and 6 speed. It was brutal going from Cheyenne to Laramie. Spent most of the time in 3rd and 4th. High RPM’s. My 3500 with the 6.4 engine and 8 speed transmission on the same trip with my 10,000 lb 5th wheel did very good. Spent most of the time between 5th and 6th gear. Wanted to do the same trip to test out the 8 speed. Was hesitant to try but glad I did. Surprised me for sure. No regrets not getting a diesel. Now, if I would be spending allot of traveling in the mountains every year, I would go diesel. But if you spend most of the time on flat terrain, you won’t go wrong going gas engine with the 6.4 And 8 speed transmission. Just a FYI

Last edited: