6 things you might not have known about the eTorque system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
With all the advantages of this system, there is a thread on here about some guy complaining the mileage on his new 1500 is terrible. The video was quite informative. I test drove a couple of 1500's with this system on them, and couldnt feel any more pull. Honestly it didnt seem as snappy as compared to a standard 5.7 on my short test drives anyway.

CougarBFMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Pretty cool about the cooling fan overrun when the battery is at (safe) capacity. Hadn't seen that anywhere else before.

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
With all the advantages of this system, there is a thread on here about some guy complaining the mileage on his new 1500 is terrible. The video was quite informative. I test drove a couple of 1500's with this system on them, and couldnt feel any more pull. Honestly it didnt seem as snappy as compared to a standard 5.7 on my short test drives anyway.
enough complaints, and that could be changed with a software update.

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
We have this system also, good info

Smudge

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
For the past 6 or so years I spent a lot of time working in Europe, renting 15-20 cars a year. Auto start/stop has been a standard feature over there for a long time now and generally speaking the first thing I do, even before changing the language to English in the Navigation system, is to find the auto start/stop disable button. Every one of those systems from BMW to Jaguar to Mercedes to VW and Audi is horrible. Herky jerky and slow to respond. Most of those vehicles are standard transmission too. As someone who grew up driving stick I was faster on the clutch than the start/stop and would stall out on occasion. On some of those cars the stupid electric e-brake would come on when the car shut off! Imagine fighting three independent systems in bumper to pumper traffic on the hills around Genoa, Italy!

Now, with that being said, Ram got the E-torque system right on the 1500’s. It still sucks in my girlfriend’s ‘19 Sahara Wrangler Jeep, but with the HEMI motor they got it super smooth. For the first time in my life I don’t disable the auto start/stop.

It still sucks in the Jeep. Maybe because of the way that turbo 4 cyl rattles on start up. You seriously barely notice it in the truck unless the widows are down.

Now we just have to wait and see how reliable it is!!