8.4 nav problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
So got in my truck today for a long trip and went to set my nav. Well drove down the road and it was showing me in the middle of nowhere and none of the roads looked familiar. Pulled over and shut the truck off and restarted and still the same. Got to my destination and it showed I was in the middle of Lake Erie (literally) about 100 miles away. Went through the settings setup to reset and still no good. Saw something online about hitting both the volume button and tuner buttons at the same time for 10 seconds but mine didn't do anything when I tried that.

Any ideas? Everything else on my stereo seems to be fine

EDIT: about 2 months ago my SiriusXM starts working. Assume it was a free week or something but as of this morning it was still working. Later in the day I get back in and SiriusXM is back off so assume they switched it off today. This was a few hours after I started seeing the GPS issue but not sure if there was any relation?

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So got in my truck today for a long trip and went to set my nav. Well drove down the road and it was showing me in the middle of nowhere and none of the roads looked familiar. Pulled over and shut the truck off and restarted and still the same. Got to my destination and it showed I was in the middle of Lake Erie (literally) about 100 miles away. Went through the settings setup to reset and still no good. Saw something online about hitting both the volume button and tuner buttons at the same time for 10 seconds but mine didn't do anything when I tried that.

Any ideas? Everything else on my stereo seems to be fine

EDIT: about 2 months ago my SiriusXM starts working. Assume it was a free week or something but as of this morning it was still working. Later in the day I get back in and SiriusXM is back off so assume they switched it off today. This was a few hours after I started seeing the GPS issue but not sure if there was any relation?
It could be related as both signals come through the same antenna. If it's a signal issue it could be the antenna itself or one of the Fakra connections in between.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Checked the UConnect site and punched in my VIN and it says it is up to day. Checked my stereo unit and it says Navigation System Version is 9.35.2.85541. Don't see anywhere else to find any version numbers or anything.

borninbetsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had similar issues and my antenna was rusty on the inside causing signal problems.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Called UConnect this morning after disconnecting the battery with no luck. He had me try a few things then drive to an open lot and drive counter-clockwise 5x then shut truck off, open drivers door about 30 seconds, close door, start truck back up then hold the VR button and the button next to it (can't remember what it was) for 30 seconds then try again. No luck. I asked if my software was up to date and he confirmed it was but told me how to check it. Well mine had no numbers. Just gave a link to a panasonic site then had a disclaimer under it for reverse engineering, blah, blah, blah. So he is thinking since there was no version number that my whole unit might be going bad. Called the dealer and have to drop it off Monday night. Will update.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Our ‘18 Grand Cherokee Summit radio has our location way off as well. I went and checked information soft button in navigation, then where am I, then checked “show gps info”. Saw that there was no satellite communication.
She took it to the dealer. They tried to update the software at the dealership. Had it 2 days. Said they could not communicate with the radio.
Ordered a replacement radio. Been waiting almost a month so far for the replacement.
I have a ‘18 2500 Limited. Only problems I have is sometimes when I start it, the radio will go to FM 95.3. I have to push SiriusXM button to get back to what I was listening to. And my back up camera sometimes will have a blue screen or a very distorted view while in reverse.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmm. Everything else works on mine so far. Hopefully they are able to fix it with an update. I only put about 7000 miles/year on it and don't need the GPS that often but it's still a pretty new truck so want everything to work as it should

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well dropped it off last night. They are ordering me a new unit. Picking the truck up later but have to go back in a few days when the new unit gets there

Martin Shankle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Mine did the same thing today, shows me in Ohio, I’m actually in Texas. AND warranty just ran out last month