8 spd tranny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridgerunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi, 2wd
I have a 2018 Ram 1500 2wd cc. I can't get use to how smooth the tranny is. I am so used to feeling the shifts, I keep waiting to know that it has gone through the range and knowing that it feels right. I am just an old drive by the seat of your pants guy. I never dreamed I would miss that little bump when it changes gear and knowing it feels right. Does this mean I can tell my wife; I am a sensitive man after all?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Don't do that. It has a tendency for the better half to expect you to be more sensitive about many other things.

Before you know it you'll be passing out puppies and drawing cute little red hearts on everything.

Don't go there, man, don't go there... :D

Bill Knight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just picked my new to me truck, 2020 Ram 1500 4x4 cc Hemi with the 8 speed. The transmission rolls through the gears like nothing..... if didn't watch the tach or have loud exhaust you'd almost swear it doesn't shift. It has 55 000 miles on it, one thing thing I did notice about it vs my old 3rd gen 545 rfe is the 8 speed gears down when I'm slowing down. Sounds awesome with the Super 10 on it. You would swear I'm manually gearing down but nope it's all the truck.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just picked my new to me truck, 2020 Ram 1500 4x4 cc Hemi with the 8 speed. The transmission rolls through the gears like nothing..... if didn't watch the tach or have loud exhaust you'd almost swear it doesn't shift. It has 55 000 miles on it, one thing thing I did notice about it vs my old 3rd gen 545 rfe is the 8 speed gears down when I'm slowing down. Sounds awesome with the Super 10 on it. You would swear I'm manually gearing down but nope it's all the truck.
Do it in Tow/Haul mode!

Nicholas Cove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I noticed the downshifting on mine too. Love it.