8 weeks....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
OK, pulled the trigger this weekend and ordered my 2020 Longhorn. Had to order, as no dealer in 700 miles of me had this truck. So the next 8 weeks will be fun.

2020 Laramie Longhorn
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Ivory 3-coat with two tone Walnut Brown on lower part
Filigree Leather Mountain brown
Air suspension
33 gallon tank
dual function tailgate (yes! with two tone paint none the less)
Dual pane sun roof
3.21 Anti-spin rear end (rarely tow, and wanted MPG)
Level 1 equipment
Advanced Safety group
Bed Utility group
Rambox
Trailer brake (yeah, rarely tow, but when I do.)
20 wheels (prefer better ride)

Antici….. pation.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Congrats!

I didn't go with the Longhorn only because it requires E-Torque (which negates a Whipple SuperCharger). Really would have liked the brown interior... I think it goes great with my Patriot Blue.

My 2020 Laramie took just under 4 weeks to arrive, so maybe your anticipation will be thwarted. Here's hoping!

OP
OP
Narg

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Congrats!

I didn't go with the Longhorn only because it requires E-Torque (which negates a Whipple SuperCharger). !

That’s what I thought too. But there is an option at the dealer order page to choose no E-Torque Like also I didn’t think two tone paint with multi function tailgate. Neither of those you can do on the Ram website but the dealer can. I went with E-Torque anyway. Since I get mileage reimbursement the extra MPG will help pay for the truck. That and MDS don’t bug me at all.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
...there is an option at the dealer order page to choose no E-Torque Like also I didn’t think two tone paint with multi function tailgate. Neither of those you can do on the Ram website but the dealer can. I went with E-Torque anyway.

Well, too late for me...

But I'm not really that disappointed with my RAM...

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK, pulled the trigger this weekend and ordered my 2020 Longhorn. Had to order, as no dealer in 700 miles of me had this truck. So the next 8 weeks will be fun.

2020 Laramie Longhorn
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Ivory 3-coat with two tone Walnut Brown on lower part
Filigree Leather Mountain brown
Air suspension
33 gallon tank
dual function tailgate (yes! with two tone paint none the less)
Dual pane sun roof
3.21 Anti-spin rear end (rarely tow, and wanted MPG)
Level 1 equipment
Advanced Safety group
Bed Utility group
Rambox
Trailer brake (yeah, rarely tow, but when I do.)
20 wheels (prefer better ride)

Antici….. pation.

Here is my 2018 version of the truck you ordered.

4b067b20e04d2f1ec92f7732e74f43bb.jpg9e1b4b344e7e8d1198c4f0577b140435.jpg663ad42e9d95ab5d4ff18d5acda2f358.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The two tone trucks last year were taking much longer to get built when ordered. Months long not weeks.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The two tone trucks last year were taking much longer to get built when ordered. Months long not weeks.

I would have liked a two-tone, but couldn't get it with my desired configuration. Can't remember what feature it was that kicked it out, but it almost seems like it was the BUG... ?!!

OP
OP
Narg

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I would have liked a two-tone, but couldn't get it with my desired configuration. Can't remember what feature it was that kicked it out, but it almost seems like it was the BUG... ?!!
I was having that problem too, but the dealership was able to push it through for me. The dual action tailgate was holding up, but they got it working.

I goofed, and will need to call them tomorrow though. Forgot to add the painted bumper (that will match the 2nd tone.) They gave me 1 week to make any changes I wanted before production starts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Narg

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque

Fingers crossed they do get to it. One of the factories will be shutting down this Summer for a retool to also built SUVs for jeep.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome, congrats! Time to start stocking up on parts to go on the truck when it arrives!

let us know if we can help with anything. We offer just about everything with discounts to the members here.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
My ordered truck was built in less than 4 weeks, but it took 6 weeks for it to get shipped to me after that.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Congrats! Sounds like a real nice truck there. My dealership told me I couldn't get the MFT with two-tone paint when I was looking at placing an order. Sounds like either that has changed, or my dealership messed up when they told me that. I ended up buying off the lot of a dealership 250 miles away instead of ordering. I got everything I wanted except for the MFT. I'm kind of wishing I'd have ordered it now after having my truck for two months. I'd have it by now LOL.

OP
OP
Narg

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Welp, first order hickup over and fixed. Yeah, that's hickup, not pickup :)

A couple days after placing the order I noticed the order sheet stated Two Tone Paint, and "Bright Bumper", posted on that a while back in this thread. Afraid that this was chrome bumpers (which I'd prefer if it were single colored, but I ordered two tone.)

Asked the dealer to make sure the bumpers were the lower two tone color. He went through a number of attempts, and could not get the change to show on the build order site they use. He called his regional rep a number of times, and got "it will be fixed tomorrow" but nothing changed. A few days ago he finally got the changes to go through, but still other issues would come up and the build was still not correct.

Welp, turns out that it doesn't matter what bumper you put on the order, if you order the two tone paint job you get colored bumpers to match the lower tone, no matter what bumper choice is put in. At least a few people in the chain have learned something in this trail and error. Now, the dealer has to put the order back to the way it was originally, because it now has single color. Oh well. Live and learn. He stated he might ask for "expedited" build due to the errors made in this by him and others in the order chain. It took a rep at the factory to straighten them all out, including a few at Detroit.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Congrats

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Who did you order from, Chris Nikel, Bob Moore?

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
Congrats!

I didn't go with the Longhorn only because it requires E-Torque (which negates a Whipple SuperCharger). Really would have liked the brown interior... I think it goes great with my Patriot Blue.

My 2020 Laramie took just under 4 weeks to arrive, so maybe your anticipation will be thwarted. Here's hoping!

my first pass through the build your own on the website to put together my dream build was a patriot blue with brown interior. Either of those was hard to find, never found one with both. Came across the blue streak sport that had everything else I wanted except the underseat storage in the back and I was done. Zero regrets here

OP
OP
Narg

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Who did you order from, Chris Nikel, Bob Moore?
Tried Chris Nikel, they wouldn't support the Sam's Club discount along with any factory incentives, so forget them. Bob Moore didn't seem interested in ordering for me. South Pointe not only matched the Sam's Club discount (they are not part of that network though) they also will allow any factory incentives when the truck is delivered. I've bought from South Pointe a few times, hate their service department but their sales often blow the others away.

OP
OP
Narg

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Hey guys, I've been buried in work and life so I had literally stopped tracking the truck order. Figured it'd get here when it gets here. The dealership just notified me that the truck is built and on its way. ETA about 2 to 3 weeks of shipping. So far I'm 6 weeks into this, but the first 2 weeks were a wash due to an ordering glitch (see earlier in this thread.) 4 weeks to build is a pretty good time frame I figure. I was able to get the build sheet and window sticker from the links I found around this forum. Now getting anxious to have a truly modern truck. Features and capabilities have been moving so fast lately in vehicles. Kind of hard to drive one for 10 years any more :)

OP
OP
Narg

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Still no truck yet, but odd stuff on Ram web sites. The "build and price" thing on ramtrucks.com now shows my truck build $4,000 lower (before incentives etc.) And the window sticker looking site seems to be down. Very odd. Hopefully I'll see the truck by this weekend.