Add full functional CarPlay / Android Auto into your current Uconnect® 8.4 system, if you don't have one.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DIYDAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looking for some feed back. I found a guy on Facebook marketplace that will add a printed circuit board to any 8.4 inch screen and will enable Car play.
The cost is about 450 for Ram but he does others as well.

Has anyone looked at this option or had it done. ? The final product looks great and is a heck of a lot less money

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 11

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not sure this is possible, it would require a new media hub I imagine, and possibly a software upgrade to both radio and vehicle. Does the seller have buyer feedback on the work?

OP
OP
DIYDAD

DIYDAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
He does and its wireless. I asked the same thing about the hub. I found some others in the US doing this as well. The old version had a button you needed to push to toggle between the OEM look and the Car play, the new micro board does not . This is his link but there is also some video's online showing how to do it

Attachments

• 441289610_1145637533434048_3878462015542078611_n.jpg
    441289610_1145637533434048_3878462015542078611_n.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 17

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Not sure this is possible, it would require a new media hub I imagine, and possibly a software upgrade to both radio and vehicle. Does the seller have buyer feedback on the work?
It's possible, they used to make an Android one. It essentially ads a second OS that hijacks the screen from the native OS. It's likely an android OS with Carplay Compatibility. At that price, I would personally get a UAQ/UAS radio, then sell my old 8.4 to make the cost about even.

OP
OP
DIYDAD

DIYDAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It's possible, they used to make an Android one. It essentially ads a second OS that hijacks the screen from the native OS. It's likely an android OS with Carplay Compatibility. At that price, I would personally get a UAQ/UAS radio, then sell my old 8.4 to make the cost about even.
They seem to be running around the 5 or 6 hundred mark ( used ) , then I need the UBS hub and I can't seem to source the cord in Canada. I have gotten ripped off a few times bring parts in from the USA, border fees and extra tax.

OP
OP
DIYDAD

DIYDAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
For that money, I'd get me a new headunit
In Ontario used head units are going for 600 plus I need to find the USB hub and the cord. I like that idea better but I will be in for almost a grand . This circuit board mod is less then half the price

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
In Ontario used head units are going for 600 plus I need to find the USB hub and the cord. I like that idea better but I will be in for almost a grand . This circuit board mod is less then half the price
Don't forget the value of your old radio in the equation...

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
those numbers only hold true if you are looking for OEM
but if you are, this mode makes sense