After market camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave624

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anyone know if I can tap into the wiring harness and add a RCA jack so that I can put a backup camera in. Is so which wire color. 2014 ram 8.4

Earl R Acker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you ever figure that out im trying to do same thing and not finding any info

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
first depends on your radio, second, you need to have the dealer "flash" the radio to accept a camera.

Just went thru that with my 2011 ram. I'm using the stock radio (430 RBZ) and put a license plate camera on for my trailer hook up. You have to run the wires first and get the camera all hooked up so the dealer can see if the flash worked or not. I ran my RCA cable thru the inside of the frame to the front of the truck and into the dash via the fire wall.

I should also tell you you have to get a harness adapter for the back of the radio. I forgot the part number, but it was only like 20 bucks or so. Some cameras you can buy have active parking lines (means they move with the steering wheel) My BOYO camera did that but it burned out for some reason (maybe not as waterproof as they claimed) so i bought a cheap camera for 24 bucks and it's great.