Aftermarket 8HP70 pan by AutoTecnica

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I tried the autotecnica pan out in my 16 Rebel, but had a horrible experience that ended causing a wasted weekend, the purchase of a $120 scan tool, and 7 qts of wasted fluid.

I installed the new pan and during the filling/level change process, the truck gave a service transmission message with blinking D on the rotary gear selector. After hours of troubleshooting, I was able to determine that the aftermarket pan was prohibiting the gear selector from reaching park, while throwing a code.

I started removing the pan and I heard an Audible click as the selector finally found park. I ended up installing the old pan with 7 more qts of fluid.

I was enthusiastic going in to this job, but extremely frustrated afterwards.

Going forward, I will try the Dorman pan, which is plastic, but has replaceable filters.
I just ran into the same issue with this pan on my ecodiesel... im going to see if its something I can clearence as it does sometimes go into park and sometimes throw the error. bought the pan months ago on rock auto so cant return it.

Shawn Burns

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ran into the same issue with this pan on my ecodiesel... im going to see if its something I can clearence as it does sometimes go into park and sometimes throw the error. bought the pan months ago on rock auto so cant return it.
haha, I also bought mine and returned it to rockauto. What are the chances that they packed it back up and sold it to you? I've since gone with the PPE pan. It was expensive, but I plan on having the truck for a long time. The PPE pan fit perfectly.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
so I read I may have overtighten and sure enough I loosened the bolts just slightly from where I had them torqued and no more issues.. I have a long drive to the outer banks from ny tomorrow so we shall see. I used the triax zf fluid from amazon.

OP
OP
PoMansRam

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It's good to hear some real experiences with the autotecnica pan.

I wound up never using mine on my 2019 Ram 1500, hemi. I sold the truck last year at around 60K miles, so I never did change the fluid and pan on it. I sold the pan on fleaby some time later and wound up netting next to nothing when it was all shipped and done. I think I sold it for $40.

Shawn Burns

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so I read I may have overtighten and sure enough I loosened the bolts just slightly from where I had them torqued and no more issues.. I have a long drive to the outer banks from ny tomorrow so we shall see. I used the triax zf fluid from amazon.
Do you have link to the fluid? I looked and I don't know which fluid is for the zf

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

That should be the one. Looks like $56 for a 6qt pack and it came up free shipping in the cart for me. Sounds like a great deal.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We'll see when it shows up, but I placed an order for 6qt. $56.99 shipped. Easily the best deal I've seen for a fluid listed specifically for the ZF and not for a bunch of other applications.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Well I put about 1400 mile on the truck in the last week with no issues got just over 25mpg round trip average which isnt terrible considering the mountains and stop in go traffic and the lift with the 34" tires..

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
We'll see when it shows up, but I placed an order for 6qt. $56.99 shipped. Easily the best deal I've seen for a fluid listed specifically for the ZF and not for a bunch of other applications.
I ordered more as well. this price was better than amazon.