Aftermartket HID Projectors and getting DRL's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone I have searched and got alot of knowledge on the HID projectors, canbus needed and headlights to get. Know I am wondering if anyone had the stock quads, converted to the HID projectors with an aftermarket headlamp assembly. Then went to a dealership to get the DRL option turned on via the computer. I believe the LM5 code is to turn on OEM DRL for projectors, LM1 is code for OEM DRL Quads. I need to know what code to use so that the halos in the headlamp will act as DRL's. I guess tapping the halos into the parking lights might just make them DRL's but not sure, I want to have all my research done before I order everything.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What year is your truck? Also, the DRL is not the same on the quads as it is on the oem projectors. I'm assuming that's what you are switching to?You will probably be better off wiring in a relay with some NO, NC contacts.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Halos are probably already wired as parking lights. If not, i would just tap them and leave the dealership out. Doubt they would code aftermarket gear anyways. I'd bake those quads open and put a real bixenon in. Cheaper and far superior output compared to spyder and those others.

OP
OP
C

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its a 2015. I am leaning toward just wiring them myslef for the DRL's and leaving the dealership out too. I will look into the Bixenon Adurm. Thank you