Air Lift 74000EZ Installation Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steelheader99

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500 Laramie Sport
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey all! I have a ‘19 2500 Mega Cab with the Cummins 6.7. I have searched high and low, on YouTube and Google. I cannot find definitive locations for the installation of the Air Lift 74000EZ compressor. Can someone help a brother out? I have seen that a couple of guys have mounted it on the passenger side near the storage box from underneath. Is this the prime location? I have looked on the driver’s side frame rails, but there are the emergency brake cables and fuel rails (?), and other components to deal with. I want to make sure that it will be protected from the elements as best as possible. What is the best possible location IYHO?

Pictures would be fantastic!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you do mount it on the passenger side, make sure the air line and/or the wiring is well protected when crossing the exhaust. The exhaust gets quite warm, during a regen cycle 1200°F is not out the ballpark.

OP
OP
S

Steelheader99

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500 Laramie Sport
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That’s what’s concerning me. It’s close to the exhaust system and the manufacturer states to mount it away from heat sources. I’m no expert. So I’m wondering if the passenger side is too close to the heat. ‍♂️