AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This may have already been answered somewhere in the 221 pages. lol But it is not in the Google Shared File.

I just added Power Folding Mirrors w/ puddle Lights and Turn Signals, The Puddle Lights and Turn Signals are active, from turning on the auto dim rear view. What specifically do I have to add to turn on Power Fold to work? I can only find one thing that says "Folding Mirrors Present", is there anything else I will have to activate? I won't actually have the door switch for this until tomorrow or Friday, but I am trying to get my ducks in a row.

Side question, The mirrors have a little bit of wobble in them, I asked the sell about this when I received them and was told they will tighten up once I put power to them. Can anyone verify this or is there another way to get them a little tighter?
Sorry forgot the second part of your question. Yes they should tighten when you install the power fold. You can also fold them all of the way out to get rid of the looseness by simply running a 12v hot and a ground to the blue wire and the yellow wire that are side by side in the black mirror connector. It's just a simple reverse polarity setup. Hook them up one way and they fold if you reverse the wires they open. You can do this to open them all of the way out that way and lock them out to get rid of the wobble until you get the rest of your parts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well this makes no sense because my old keys still work but only to unlock/lock/start. So I have 4 fobs now that work. He would’ve had to program them because of the hub change. Difference in years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The key no longer works to unlock my truck but I have never tried to start it. My truck is a 14, part of the remote start kit is the new RFH so I am thinking the old key isn't programmed to it.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The key no longer works to unlock my truck but I have never tried to start it. My truck is a 14, part of the remote start kit is the new RFH so I am thinking the old key isn't programmed to it.

Right, that’s what I’m saying. The tech that programmed your remote start didn’t program your original keys to your new hub. Wonder why? I wouldn’t think it would hurt anything but who knows.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@WTM75 As Ricks Ram stated adding the folding mirrors present should do the trick as long as you have the correct door modules and switch installed. I'll get this added to the known working section.

FYI, the auto power fold csm doesn't work for our trucks but you're more than welcome to try.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right, that’s what I’m saying. The tech that programmed your remote start didn’t program your original keys to your new hub. Wonder why? I wouldn’t think it would hurt anything but who knows.

He said he couldn't but didn't say why. Seemed like a pretty sharp guy but you never know whether or not he was correct because they are told all kinds of things Chrysler that aren't accurate.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Did u change door modules aswell?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, I did. Now I'm just waiting on the door switch. Figured that would be easy enough to change after the fact.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He said he couldn't but didn't say why. Seemed like a pretty sharp guy but you never know whether or not he was correct because they are told all kinds of things Chrysler that aren't accurate.

"Told all kinds of things Chrysler that aren't accurate"... Very true. You should've heard me talking with the service and parts guys the other day trying to get my pin. Lol

The only thing I could think is possibly the hub is different from mine as to why your original fobs weren't programmed to your new hub. When I got everything back I remember reading something like 4 fobs programmed.

Oh and I tried to change my tire size (just to try) and it did not work on mine. I just simply wouldn't do anything when clicking the "next" button. Something else I tried the other day was the locate fobs in the hub. I had one in the truck and the other 3 inside the house. Said 0 found.

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes, I did. Now I'm just waiting on the door switch. Figured that would be easy enough to change after the fact.
Your golden then just put the power fold mirrors present to yes nd good to go

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

A lot of dealers say. That once a key is programed. It can’t be reprogrammed. I do not know if that is true or not but hey it’s worth a shot

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"Told all kinds of things Chrysler that aren't accurate"... Very true. You should've heard me talking with the service and parts guys the other day trying to get my pin. Lol

The only thing I could think is possibly the hub is different from mine as to why your original fobs weren't programmed to your new hub. When I got everything back I remember reading something like 4 fobs programmed.

Oh and I tried to change my tire size (just to try) and it did not work on mine. I just simply wouldn't do anything when clicking the "next" button. Something else I tried the other day was the locate fobs in the hub. I had one in the truck and the other 3 inside the house. Said 0 found.
I was able to program my tire size after Alexy sent me the patch but I haven't tried to change anyone else's since I also did the update through the Google Play Store that came later. I hope that update didn't erase my original patch.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Are your keys the push to start proximity keys? I’m going to assume they are not which is why they are not showing up on the report. That setting is only for push to start vehicles that have proximity keys. This is a “test” for the FOBIK safe option so you can’t lock your keys in your truck/vehicle

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was able to program my tire size after Alexy sent me the patch but I haven't tried to change anyone else's since I also did the update through the Google Play Store that came later. I hope that update didn't erase my original patch.

Interestingly enough, I just tried with the Windows version and it worked perfectly. Not sure why the Android version isn't working on mine.

Are your keys the push to start proximity keys? I’m going to assume they are not which is why they are not showing up on the report. That setting is only for push to start vehicles that have proximity keys. This is a “test” for the FOBIK safe option so you can’t lock your keys in your truck/vehicle

No, I have tip start fobs. Well, that explains it. Thanks!

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Funny thing is I went to my parts counter yesterday. Told him I needed my pin. He asked for what. I told him to program my key fob/remote start. All he asked was for my vin number which had written down. He did not check I'D or ownership just came back 3 minutes later and said If I needed anything let him know.

Amazing the difference between them. The previous one said they could not give it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sorry forgot the second part of your question. Yes they should tighten when you install the power fold. You can also fold them all of the way out to get rid of the looseness by simply running a 12v hot and a ground to the blue wire and the yellow wire that are side by side in the black mirror connector. It's just a simple reverse polarity setup. Hook them up one way and they fold if you reverse the wires they open. You can do this to open them all of the way out that way and lock them out to get rid of the wobble until you get the rest of your parts.

Thank you, but that sounds more involved than I can do. LOL

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You know, with a couple of the recent posts stating Android vs Windows worked kinda make me wonder what else has not worked simply because someone was using Android over Windows or vice-versa? Think I'm going to look back over some notes...

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
question....once you have make changes via alphaobd, can the dealer see these changes?....also if you take it in for a recall and they flash/program the truck, do the alphaobd changes remain?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
question....once you have make changes via alphaobd, can the dealer see these changes?....also if you take it in for a recall and they flash/program the truck, do the alphaobd changes remain?
No unfortunately any time the dealer has to re flash your BCM all of your settings not married to your Vin# will be removed and you will have to turn them back on with the tool.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been in contact with Alexey about seeing if he can get Alfa to pull the Pin from the RF Hub. Almost like the expensive Key programmers that you can buy. He said he looked into it the possibility a long time ago but he is going to put it back on his radar to see if he can get Alfa to Pull the RFH Pin. If he can do that. That means no one will have to deal with the dealer anymore saying they can give them the pin.

That also will be nice for people changing out their RFH too.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have been in contact with Alexey about seeing if he can get Alfa to pull the Pin from the RF Hub. Almost like the expensive Key programmers that you can buy. He said he looked into it the possibility a long time ago but he is going to put it back on his radar to see if he can get Alfa to Pull the RFH Pin. If he can do that. That means no one will have to deal with the dealer anymore saying they can give them the pin.

That also will be nice for people changing out their RFH too.

I would have to go against the grain on this one, and hope that this tool, and ones like it, are not able to pull a vehicle’s PIN.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would have to go against the grain on this one, and hope that this tool, and ones like it, are not able to pull a vehicle’s PIN.

I know exactly where you’re going with this and I completely understand your outlook on it. There is already a lot of “key programmers” that you can pull the pin manually from the handset

Last edited: