AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
So I was trying to program a fob I got off Amazon and I keep getting the below message. I successfully changed my TPMS threshold with the pin. Just wondering if the fob is junk4da7a4ca21256cdd276b4d06fb092c33.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im not sure if you need to use Base or Highline....I know I used Highline for the push-to-start fobs.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Im not sure if you need to use Base or Highline....I know I used Highline for the push-to-start fobs.
I tried highline to and got the same error, even tried my existing FOB and got the same error.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I tried highline to and got the same error, even tried my existing FOB and got the same error.

You can't re-program your existing fob, which makes me wonder if the one you got off of Amazon was used (programed to another truck already).

-K

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You can't re-program your existing fob, which makes me wonder if the one you got off of Amazon was used (programed to another truck already).

-K
An existing fob will come up as “failed. Fob already programmed”. Something else going on.
Maligator, new fob is in the ignition with ignition off?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
An existing fob will come up as “failed. Fob already programmed”. Something else going on.

Does it only come up with that message if its alreayd been programmed to YOUR RF hub?

What if it has been programmed to someone elses? Or does it not matter (i.e. can you take a fob from vehicle A and program it to vehicle B instead)

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does it only come up with that message if its alreayd been programmed to YOUR RF hub?

What if it has been programmed to someone elses? Or does it not matter (i.e. can you take a fob from vehicle A and program it to vehicle B instead)
True. Didn’t think of a returned programmed fob.

Rickey Small

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Figured I would try the pin puller app on my 2018 ram 3500 and that’s a no go get error wrong can type. Guess have to get to a dealer and hopefully get pin . Want to do remote start.
Rick

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So that basically means once its programmed it can never be re-programmed to a different hub? Good to know (lots of people selling "slightly used" fobs, but no note of how they might basically be useless to whoever buys them)

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured I would try the pin puller app on my 2018 ram 3500 and that’s a no go get error wrong can type. Guess have to get to a dealer and hopefully get pin . Want to do remote start.
Rick

I wonder if the OBD bypass harness is necessary, because its a 2018 and the harness is required for other things to use the OBD port.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Just tried programming our spare ‘19 Cherokee fob to my truck (keyless go/ highline). They are the same fobs and same fcc id. All I get is the never ending “procedure started”. The baseline fobs could display a different message since they are inserted the whole time versus just hitting the unlock button when prompted.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny, thats what happened with the ebay fob I bought....never ending procedure started.

How long should the programming process take? I gave my Amazon one a bit of time and it too stuck on procedure started. I backed out of the screen and went to program it again and got a "keyfob already programmed". And then it worked just fine.

Wondering if something changed with the latest version(s) of the software, because i did not have to do the rf hub reset/replace either....everything just worked once the fob was programmed.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Funny, thats what happened with the ebay fob I bought....never ending procedure started.

How long should the programming process take? I gave my Amazon one a bit of time and it too stuck on procedure started. I backed out of the screen and went to program it again and got a "keyfob already programmed". And then it worked just fine.

Wondering if something changed with the latest version(s) of the software, because i did not have to do the rf hub reset/replace either....everything just worked once the fob was programmed.
Alright, just swapped my old RF Hub and WIN module back in (baseline fob) and tried programming an extra fob from a different ram truck I had laying around. Same thing...stuck on procedure started. When programming the existing working fob, I immediately get “failed. Fob already programmed”. Same with both hubs. @Maligator, I wouldn’t give up on that fob just yet. Maybe try again while recording the debug log and send it off to Alexey.
The error you are getting is the same that another member gets when trying to add the remote start kit on his 2016 with brand new factory fobs. The only difference is, the kit requires the RF Hub to be replaced, and Alexey didn’t quite have the baseline RF Hub replacement with new fobs nailed down just yet, which he tried to change this past update.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Yup, new fob was put in with the ignition off. Figured I'd try my current FOB and I'd get the "FOB all ready programmed" error but I didn't.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How long does the normal, successful fob programming process take?

And do you get a message saying that it succeeded?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
‘‘T was wondering that. I do have the bypass, I’ll try that and see,
Rick
I would think you’d definitely need the bypass in place. Also, keep in mind you need an internet/WiFi connection to pull the pin. It’ll tell you to turn your hazards on.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How long does the normal, successful fob programming process take?

And do you get a message saying that it succeeded?
After I tried the cheap amazon one (I let that stay at procedure started for a good 10 minutes), the “known working” one from amazon took about 15 seconds after it prompts you to press unlock, and it said fobik programmed (or something like that).

scott116

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a Mopar cargo bed lighting harness (NO LIGHTS) forsale if anyone is interested. You can purchase the lights separate or use with aftermarket lights. I know a lot of guys in this thread are installing them so I wanted to offer them here before it goes on eBay. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

DC89240D-D40A-446F-8AE7-5C1E11A630C5.jpeg

64608573-EF0A-4F8C-A7C9-E9E85ED6156E.jpeg

BECD88A5-304E-4714-BBC6-25DA39D6F4ED.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca