AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After I tried the cheap amazon one (I let that stay at procedure started for a good 10 minutes), the “known working” one from amazon took about 15 seconds after it prompts you to press unlock, and it said fobik programmed (or something like that).

Gotcha.

Will be ordering a second at some point, hopefully it goes easier then. Truck still works as expected so I still wonder if Alexi is making the BCM to RF hub magic happen automatically when you program keyfobs. Looking at the service manual procedure for replacing the hub, it does tell you to perform hub reset/replace, but Im curious exactly what that would do in my case since I never had to do it in the first place.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Duplicate post.
That, I’m not sure. When I did mine, it wouldn’t start and none of the fob buttons did anything until I performed the RF Hub replace. He did change some things around on the recent update to try and get the baseline secret key procedure to work for tdhachmann.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I might do the reset but Im afraid its going to break things lol

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
How long does the normal, successful fob programming process take?

And do you get a message saying that it succeeded?

Mine was instant and I did 2, one right after the other.

And yes on a 2018 my bypass was in place when I did it.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I might do the reset but Im afraid its going to break things lol
I would look at your RF Hub id, and if LF antenna 1-4 are present, keyless go and passive entry are set, and everything else looks good, leave it be.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I have a Mopar cargo bed lighting harness (NO LIGHTS) forsale if anyone is interested. You can purchase the lights separate or use with aftermarket lights. I know a lot of guys in this thread are installing them so I wanted to offer them here before it goes on eBay. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

View attachment 155869

View attachment 155870

View attachment 155871

This isn't a for sale section and you need 50 post to sell anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scott116

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
This isn't a for sale section and you need 50 post to sell anything

Very well..... I’m aware that it isn’t a for sale section and that’s why I said to private messsge me if interested as to not get off topic in the thread. I just know a lot of people on this thread as adding these options and I was trying to help the guys out. My sincere apologies to you sir.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Very well..... I’m aware that it isn’t a for sale section and that’s why I said to private messsge me if interested as to not get off topic in the thread. I just know a lot of people on this thread as adding these options and I was trying to help the guys out. My sincere apologies to you sir.

I apologize for coming off kinda *******, just a heads up. Mods don't appreciate people trying to work around the rules.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Reinstalled my LED Tail, backup and License Plate lights. Just setting to LED for Tail, Stop and turn prevented DTC for those but I still got DTC when I set the Backup and Turn to LED. Took the easy way out and set "Rear Lighting DTC Disable" since I had problems with the Backup lights before. I had measured the current on the LED backups when I had the lights out and it was about 300ma. The BCM was reporting a short so I guess that is too low. Not worth adding resistors for it though.

Funny thing is the license plate light didn't give a DTC before but after the BCM Reflash is does. It didn't give the DTC immediately but waited a day until it did.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Has anyone been able to get the "Global Down" feature to work on the rear doors? If so how?

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone been able to get the "Global Down" feature to work on the rear doors? If so how?
Global down only works on doors with one touch down installed.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
So I was trying to program a fob I got off Amazon and I keep getting the below message. I successfully changed my TPMS threshold with the pin. Just wondering if the fob is junk4da7a4ca21256cdd276b4d06fb092c33.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I believe that means it is a wrong Fob. When was adding keys to my 2018 I THIINK I got something similar when on one of the Keys. Turned out the key worked fine on my 2010 T&C.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would look at your RF Hub id, and if LF antenna 1-4 are present, keyless go and passive entry are set, and everything else looks good, leave it be.
Yeah I think im good to go. Antenna 1-4 present, 5 is not. Keyless go is working for sure. Can't test passive entry but all the settings are good.

I tried the antenna verification test but it didn't come back with any result. No error, no success, no message at all. The only codes in the unit were the handle sensor failures which are still expected.

I stumbled on the fact that fobik safe is working, hit the lock button by accident when getting out of the truck... Horn beeped at me, pretty sure lights flashed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So I was trying to program a fob I got off Amazon and I keep getting the below message. I successfully changed my TPMS threshold with the pin. Just wondering if the fob is junk4da7a4ca21256cdd276b4d06fb092c33.jpg

It's possible that the key is for a 09-12 and not 13+

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah I think im good to go. Antenna 1-4 present, 5 is not. Keyless go is working for sure. Can't test passive entry but all the settings are good.

I tried the antenna verification test but it didn't come back with any result. No error, no success, no message at all. The only codes in the unit were the handle sensor failures which are still expected.

I stumbled on the fact that fobik safe is working, hit the lock button by accident when getting out of the truck... Horn beeped at me, pretty sure lights flashed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My antenna test always come back with some kind of negative report but I can program Fobiks and refresh the RF hub so I don't pay attention to the antenna report.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might be digging a little here but anyone know if there is a way to have the cargo lights turn on with door open like the interior lights do? I know they turn on with fob unlock as illuminated approach but would like them to turn on when exiting vehicle too

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
It's possible that the key is for a 09-12 and not 13+

The FCC ID on the Amazon description matches my key. I'm not sure, I'm hesitant to get another one to try.

nick00less

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
has anyone performed a 68rfe quick learn through alpha obd?