AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I pulled the trigger after attempting to get many dealers to enable DRLs. Final straw was the other day when I took it in for oil change, showed dealer the letter and all I saw was a blank stare smh. Said well for $200 I can try, uh no thanks. Bought the MX and AlfaOBD, ten minutes later I have DRLs for $80 less! Love how easy it was. Thanks guys for the support here, looked up a couple of posts to clarify and did it, so painless.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So now that I can screw with the settings it now brings up another question. Are there adjustments for the air suspension? I have weird thing happening, the truck drops after shutting off only in normal ride height. OR1 & 2 it stays put. No user adjustments in menu so I’m wondering if it can be disabled to not drop?

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I pulled the trigger after attempting to get many dealers to enable DRLs. Final straw was the other day when I took it in for oil change, showed dealer the letter and all I saw was a blank stare smh. Said well for $200 I can try, uh no thanks. Bought the MX and AlfaOBD, ten minutes later I have DRLs for $80 less! Love how easy it was. Thanks guys for the support here, looked up a couple of posts to clarify and did it, so painless.
Plus having the control of WHAT acts as the DRL, After all the stories of people dealing with the dealers I didn't even want to waste my time asking, love that it's so easy. Can't wait to read through all 500+ pages and find what else to change on the truck with this haha

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think we need to start a poll to vote on what the best feature addition by Alfa is.

Im thinking adding Keyless Go has to be high up there somewhere :)

busterbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
As said before some settings take longer for whatever reason on different year models. If you have set the CSM at the bottom of the list in car configuration change then the setting should appear in your radio under settings/lights/daytime running lamps.

You can try a radio reset with holding the volume button and channel select button for a few seconds until the unit goes shuts down. Remember the DRLs also will not activate while in park or with the e-brake on.

Thanks for the radio reset tip. I was able to test the DLR option on the 8.4" screen and am happy to report the option appeared when I turned on the truck this morning.

Shane R Tedhams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel
There are 527 pages on this thread, I honestly cant tell you if my questions, experiences,trials, tests have been done or answered but I have a thread opened right now for DEF system, EGR coolant regen, dpf regen, and particulate filter regen using Alfaobd opened if anyone would like to chime in! I have used the search bar to find my answers but no luck. Link to thread: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/infamous-p203e-on-2014-ecodiesel.137056/#post-1957813

Seriously any guidance would be helpful

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If I read this message right, the ODBLink MX is plug & Play, and the pin thing is for all others?

screener_alfaodb_blue_adapter.jpg

And this one is saying there is a problem with the module or mirror?

screener_alfaodb_fail_02.jpg

nvpw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any new mods available based on these codes?
I would like to modify my hazard lights flashing to include my 3rd brake light and maybe even the cargo light - to help get attention when stopped on the side of the road helping someone in a snow bank.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Still have not found a way to fix the two rear vents under my jump seat center console on my 2017 2500 6.7 Tradesman. The rear vents under both the driver and passenger seat both work but my center console vents facing the rear have never worked and my father's 2018 2500 6.7 Tradesman with the jump seat center console as well do not work. I've not been able to find anything under The Alpha OBD app to fix this does anyone have any ideas?

Nightshade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So quick question. Has anyone successfully used this to adjust the ASCM for ride height? There is a 'Write Suspension Height Values'.. but when I did this (I had thought I could just see the values without changing it.. I was wrong).. it set all of them to 0mm and made the truck complain about servicing the air ride immediately.... I had just had the compressor replaced and they 'reset' my ride height front and back to stock with my leveling links installed.. so now it's low in the front even with my links installed..

before I try this again and have to visit the dealer to fix it.. I thought I would ask if anyone else has done it..

Stock they were set to:
Front Left Calibrated Height: 61 mm
Front Right Calibrated Height: 61 mm
Rear Left Calibrated Height: 53 mm
Rear Right Calibrated Height: 47 mm

and now after the dealer reset it.. they are set to 50/50/60/50 which is way too low..

Figure I could put stock links back in and set the front to 80/80 and back to 55/55 and see how that works for leveling.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still have not found a way to fix the two rear vents under my jump seat center console on my 2017 2500 6.7 Tradesman. The rear vents under both the driver and passenger seat both work but my center console vents facing the rear have never worked and my father's 2018 2500 6.7 Tradesman with the jump seat center console as well do not work. I've not been able to find anything under The Alpha OBD app to fix this does anyone have any ideas?
That sounds more like a physical connection thing, like the ducts aren't connected to where they should be. Or they only work in a certain "mode" (I.e. floor only). Alfa won't fix something like that.

Fwiw I've read those ducts don't throw very much air.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Just for reference, the vents under the jump seat(center console) in my truck blow with the dash vents and the vents under the seats blow with floor vents.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If I read this message right, the ODBLink MX is plug & Play, and the pin thing is for all others?

That is correct.

And this one is saying there is a problem with the module or mirror?

The Tilt in Reverse option only works if you have the Memory equipped mirrors. They will have a 5th wire in the plug in the door and are, 99% of the time, only found on the high end chrome capped OEM mirrors. There are rumors that an OEM black version with memory exists, but I don't believe it's been photographed yet. (Only one blurry shot in the National Inquirer) There are aftermarket black mirrors with the memory functions.

So, that said, which mirrors do you have?

-K

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That is correct.

The Tilt in Reverse option only works if you have the Memory equipped mirrors. They will have a 5th wire in the plug in the door and are, 99% of the time, only found on the high end chrome capped OEM mirrors. There are rumors that an OEM black version with memory exists, but I don't believe it's been photographed yet. (Only one blurry shot in the National Inquirer) There are aftermarket black mirrors with the memory functions.

So, that said, which mirrors do you have?

-K
There are definitely black memory mirrors. They would be on a 2500/3500 Laramie with the SAP and they are power folding tow mirrors. At ~$600 each, definitely better off going with the exact same looking Trail Ridge mirrors.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will 09-12 mirrors work on a 17? Like the whole shebang....heat, power fold, power adjust, memory (tilt in reverse, anyway), etc?

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Will 09-12 mirrors work on a 17? Like the whole shebang....heat, power fold, power adjust, memory (tilt in reverse, anyway), etc?

I know the 2010-2012 passenger side will work. The drivers side will not because you don’t have the temperature sensor in the pre-2013 mirrors. And from reading this thread we know that causes all kinds of issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! That is good to know.

Ive seen some mirrors with bad outsides (cracked cases, busted LED lights, etc), I wonder if the innards could be swapped. Probably not worth it unless the price is REALLY low

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So quick question. Has anyone successfully used this to adjust the ASCM for ride height? There is a 'Write Suspension Height Values'.. but when I did this (I had thought I could just see the values without changing it.. I was wrong).. it set all of them to 0mm and made the truck complain about servicing the air ride immediately.... I had just had the compressor replaced and they 'reset' my ride height front and back to stock with my leveling links installed.. so now it's low in the front even with my links installed.. .

Did AlfaOBD set the values to 0mm without asking you which values???

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There are definitely black memory mirrors. They would be on a 2500/3500 Laramie with the SAP and they are power folding tow mirrors. At ~$600 each, definitely better off going with the exact same looking Trail Ridge mirrors.

You may have already tried this, but: Shut the truck down, unplug the MX and let the truck sleep. In the meantime, make sure you have the latest version of AlphaOBD installed on your phone/tablet/laptop and then reboot it. Then try again.

-K

Note: You do have the registered version of Alpha, right, not the trial version? Just checking.