AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it would be more useful to be able to make them up and down

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I agree but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be something that we can enable the the tool. Another one that doesn't seem to work is the navigation lock out while driving disable. Even though we set the code you still cannot enter an address manually while driving.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I went to update my phone to the 2.1.6.7 version and when I downloaded the APK file it just updated to 2.1.6.6. I can not download it from google play. I have only been able to download the APK files and install them. Has anyone else used the APK download and got the 2.1.6.7 version that shows on the Alfa site?

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried last week and it showed same, no .7 yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be something that we can enable the the tool. Another one that doesn't seem to work is the navigation lock out while driving disable. Even though we set the code you still cannot enter an address manually while driving.

Where is you find the nav lock out setting I don’t see it anywhere

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did it work for you?
No. We enabled it but there was no change. We still could not add addresses manually while the vehicle was in motion. We tested it in a 2014 and a 2015.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I went to update my phone to the 2.1.6.7 version and when I downloaded the APK file it just updated to 2.1.6.6. I can not download it from google play. I have only been able to download the APK files and install them. Has anyone else used the APK download and got the 2.1.6.7 version that shows on the Alfa site?

I'm at 2.1.6.6 and only do manual updates. According to the AlfaOBD app in the PlayStore I have the most recent update and it was released 3/10/2019.

kylant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Just follow those and you'll be fine. If you have the 5.0/8.4 radio it could take up to 24 hour's for the setting in the radio to appear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i got them all turned on, but the option to turn them off and on in the uconnect is not showing up. I have an '18 with 8.4N. I have looked in the lighting and safety/driving menus.
I turned it on in the customer set menu 1-Daytime Running Lights CSM in alfa.
is this what may take up to 24 hours?

edit, I just checked that they are enabled

Last edited:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
i got them all turned on, but the option to turn them off and on in the uconnect is not showing up. I have an '18 with 8.4N. I have looked in the lighting and safety/driving menus.
I turned it on in the customer service menu in alfa.
is this what may take up to 24 hours?

Yes. It's different for everyone no idea why. In my 18 with the 5.0 it took about 10 minutes to show up.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure why but I’m getting this when one of my low beam lights don’t turn on they are hids

image.jpg

kylant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yes. It's different for everyone no idea why. In my 18 with the 5.0 it took about 10 minutes to show up.

the menu was actually named "custsetmenu 1 Daytime Running Lights CSM"
I switched that to enabled/yes.
That was the only tab that had "Daytime Running Lights CSM" in it. I looked through all the tabs. Is there another one?
I just rechecked to see if I did indeed enable it, and it is.
I looked through all the uconnect menus again. I did not see the ability to turn them on/off anywhere. I would expect it to be under the lighting or saftey menus?

thanks for the help

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
That was the only tab that had "Daytime Running Lights CSM" in it. I looked through all the tabs. Is there another one?
I looked through all the uconnect menus again. I did not see the ability to turn them on/off anywhere. I would expect it to be under the lighting or saftey menus?

thanks for the help

I don't remember off hand where it would be in the radio settings but would think it's under lighting. I'm not near my truck right now to double check.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

thanks for the help
Yes it should appear under the lights section in your settings menu. b64c5afb9a78c7641531aa3dbb83936c.jpg

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
...I want the feature specifically so I can roll down the thumb wheel and black out the dash.
The SSV RAM comes with red gauges that get exceptionally dim and an interior light that has a switch for red or white light and don't activate when the door is opened, so there may not be an equivalent.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Sorry to ask this once again, but I never got any responses.

Does anyone have a backup of their AlfaODB "Engine" Config settings (PCM) for a truck with a 6-speed transmission they can share with me? Please ?
I'll try and make one this weekend, I just have to remember where I left my MX...

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've read through quite a few of the pages. Last night I calibrated my speedometer. Fortunately with success.
Is there a setting to disable tpms, I see where the threshold is. I need 3 sensors for the truck and just don't care about the feature so I don't feel like buying new ones.
Also can I disable the rear bumper parking sensors?

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
#1) Just wanted to report that I get a consistent error "Invalid Sequence Number" when attempting to do the “clear multi-module VIN handshake Immobilizer failure” in the RFHub. In both the current android version and the previous version. I imagine the most likely cause, is that Alfa does not ask for the 4 digit code when you try to run this procedure.
#2) Attempts to do a "VIN Write" to a BCM also fail with an "sequence is out of range".
Please note that with both error texts that I may not have the wording 100% right. If the exact wording is needed then I can try to do some screen shots and get them.

Just wanted to pass that along. Hopefully #1 can get a fix soon. Thanks.

Last edited: