AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hey guys. Is it better to get the MX+ or just the MX. Is there really a difference between them?

Mx+ supports iOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Is there a way to see mileage stored in the computer? I can read multiple values, but not the mileage.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

In the rf hub you can view the log file and see mileage. It'll be in kilometers

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Mx+ supports iOS

And not that you care if you only have a Dodge but it supports high speed can on Ford and chevy..maybe for your friends or some side money..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
And not that you care if you only have a Dodge but it supports high speed can on Ford and chevy..maybe for your friends or some side money..

They both do (at least according to scantool). The only box on their comparison chart that isn’t checked for the MX, but is for the MX+ is “iOS device”.

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
They both do (at least according to scantool). The only box on their comparison chart that isn’t checked for the MX, but is for the MX+ is “iOS device”.
I very well could be wrong I thought when I bought mine it had some special feature/speed for Ford and chevy over the original MX.. that's what sold me on the additional 18 $ difference...let me see what it was I saw or correct my thoughts ..

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I very well could be wrong I thought when I bought mine it had some special feature/speed for Ford and chevy over the original MX.. that's what sold me on the additional 18 $ difference...let me see what it was I saw or correct my thoughts ..

Nope, they both have the features you’re thinking of- NLJ496O.jpg

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Gotcha..your right, it may have been the iOS compatibility that was what made my decision..thank you!

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Unfortunately this give me the cluster mileage, not the computer one.

I'm fairly certain that you need a dealer WiTech scan tool or one of the obscenely expensive aftermarket ones to get to the mileage in the PCM. Out of curiosity, why do you need the PCM mileage over the cluster milage?

-K

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm fairly certain that you need a dealer WiTech scan tool or one of the obscenely expensive aftermarket ones to get to the mileage in the PCM. Out of curiosity, why do you need the PCM mileage over the cluster milage?

-K
That's a bummer... I want to read my original and unlocked pcm mileage to compare with the numbers in my maintenance log.

Also wanted to send my upgraded 7" cluster to have the right mileage and be able to show if asked that the total of both pcm is matching the cluster.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
It depends on what mirrors you have and what you are swapping to. There are only two module types, one supports power fold, the other does not.

-K
I have the most basic. Looking to move to non tow mirrors with turn signal. Open to auto dimming, but prefer to stay plastic backed.

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For drl's to activate you will either have to be in drive and have someone verify for you or neutral. The parking break can not be engaged

I know I park facing a plate glass window and both euro modes were left on for a few days each to let the computer "set"

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
After a night rest for the car it is working now thanks for the help!

Thanks and greetings,

Erik

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the most basic. Looking to move to non tow mirrors with turn signal. Open to auto dimming, but prefer to stay plastic backed.

For turn signals and/or puddle lights you should not need to replace the modules, just use Alpha to turn the features on. Going to Power Folding mirrors requires upgraded modules but I'm not sure about the Auto-Dim. Hopefully someone who has added the Auto-Dim ones can chime in with that info.

-K

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The auto dim and even memory mirrors will work with the non power fold door modules. The only difference in the power fold door modules that we have been able to find is the power fold function itself. It seems odd that they would make a completely different module just to add one feature but it appears that's what they did.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The auto dim and even memory mirrors will work with the non power fold door modules. The only difference in the power fold door modules that we have been able to find is the power fold function itself. It seems odd that they would make a completely different module just to add one feature but it appears that's what they did.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

purely a GUESS and that power fold requires MORE POWER so that feature would require physical components NOT found in the NON power versions and would make the cost higher