AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Seems I don't have those options at all in the drop down. I have scrolled line by line through it 10x now I have like Battery, VehCongif # 1-6, bunch of CBC I/O, normal CBC features, ECUConfig 3 options, Wireless, Doors, LIN to name a few but nothing at all CustSetMenu
Try connecting to 2016-2017 powernet

CoZo6

2021 Longhorn Limited 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Chum. Can you post the walkthrough on Alfaobd! Mine is a 2012 and I have all the parts. Just need to confirm your process even though mine will be a bit different.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So what's the consensus on installing the Mopar factory remote start and using Alfa - IIRC a few months ago there were parts alfa couldn't handle/process that required the dealer, but there have been updates - I though I saw a post or thread on it but can't find it now...

For a 2016, which will require a hub swap, etc - not the later models where the hub is already capable.

Local Dealer still wants 3 hours labor (~500) to install, I just can't get my head (or wallet) around than number :mad:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what's the consensus on installing the Mopar factory remote start and using Alfa - IIRC a few months ago there were parts alfa couldn't handle/process that required the dealer, but there have been updates - I though I saw a post or thread on it but can't find it now...

For a 2016, which will require a hub swap, etc - not the later models where the hub is already capable.

Local Dealer still wants 3 hours labor (~500) to install, I just can't get my head (or wallet) around than number :mad:
You can install the system yourself and leave the old RF hub plugged in and have the dealer plug in the new RF hub and enable the codes and program the keys. Can't see that taking more than an hour labor. Then you could reinstall the back seat and other odds and ends when you get the truck home. I'm not sure if the glitches have been fixed with the tool. I already had remote start but was able to install my push button start and enable the fobs with no issues in my 14 a few weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I installed remote start on mine. I have a ‘17, so I did not have to change my RF Hub, just update it. I installed the hood latch and ran the wire to the BCM and then did all programming with AlphaOBD and everything worked great. For the key, I just changed out the face of my stock key with one from amazon, like $7.

nick00less

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Quick question-dealer can’t see if you’ve used Alfa can they? Like they can when you flash your truck from tuning?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I installed the Profile Peak amber only 3157 LED bulbs into the front turn signals. Made the appropriate changes in the Car Configuration and change the CBC for LED front parking and turn signals.

Shut everything off, walked away, waited for over 20 minutes and then backed the truck out the garage. It is rainy and crappy enough outside that the auto on lights came on and there was no bulb out message when they turned on.

Checked left & right turn signal, no issue.

They are BRIGHT!!! Much better than the OEM bulbs.

AlfaOBD is awesome! Worth the money!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the Profile Peak amber only 3157 LED bulbs into the front turn signals. Made the appropriate changes in the Car Configuration and change the CBC for LED front parking and turn signals.

Shut everything off, walked away, waited for over 20 minutes and then backed the truck out the garage. It is rainy and crappy enough outside that the auto on lights came on and there was no bulb out message when they turned on.

Checked left & right turn signal, no issue.

They are BRIGHT!!! Much better than the OEM bulbs.

AlfaOBD is awesome! Worth the money!
Now that you’ve tried I feel more comfortable spending 140$ For 4 of these lights. :p
Edit: purchased the switchbacks for front and red for rear :)

Last edited:

phreak480

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Quick question-dealer can’t see if you’ve used Alfa can they? Like they can when you flash your truck from tuning?

If they really did some comparison they could by noting items different than the original build of the truck but it doesn't really matter as all you are doing is toggling existing features in the computer. You aren't really modifying, you are configuring.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I ran lasfit switchbacks in my quads for a few months before getting the modifystreet headlights. I had zero issues with them once I switched turn/park to led

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nedap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A couple questions.

First, is any one aware of a way to have the fog lights and the park lights on for the DRLs? I just installed some aftermarket head light assemblies and the park lights aren't as bright as I'd like them. Eventually I am going rewire them as switch backs and to be brighter but until then I would like to see if both can be used.

Second, I took my truck in for the U53 recall for the passive restraint system on the side curtain airbags not deploying the event of a roll over. While I had it in, the customer rep I talked to told me they could recalibrate the fuel tank without doing the auto park feature for the 8 speed rotatory shifter (U07 recall). After having it back there for a while, the rep said they could not do that because it would "short out" the BCM, so they could only do both or neither. I told them to skip it. While poking around the google drive procedures for doing various changes with the AlfaOBD, I saw the fuel tank calibration directions. Now, how full of it was the rep when he told me it would short the BCM? Would these directions do the same? I have the 32 gallon tank but would like to make the calibration be correct for miles and fuel remaining on my truck.

Thanks in advance
I wanted to make my parking lights as DRL, but there is no option for parking lights. I installed Putco dayliner switchbacks and wired the DRL to my fog lights and made them as DRL. I had originally wilred them to my parking lights before I had the alpha, thinking I would be able to make the parking DRL, but no go.

nick00less

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
If they really did some comparison they could by noting items different than the original build of the truck but it doesn't really matter as all you are doing is toggling existing features in the computer. You aren't really modifying, you are configuring.

That’s what I figured. Just wanted confirmation. Thank you!

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
Well, took the family out to see Endgame, got the EVIC warning for parking light out and turn signals out with the blinker indicator doing the hyperflash.

S2eing the reflection on the car ahead of me they are working they way they're supposed to.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
No turn signal as DRL? Did this on the 2013 Charger. Looks much better. No more unnecessary hours on the high beam lamps.
Running halogens @1/2 voltage smokes up the inner glass, it burns away after a few minutes but I stopped that.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, took the family out to see Endgame, got the EVIC warning for parking light out and turn signals out with the blinker indicator doing the hyperflash.

S2eing the reflection on the car ahead of me they are working they way they're supposed to.

May still need resistors? :/

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
Went in and rechecked...somehow I was on Ram 2500, switched it back to the 1500, went into 2016-2017 power net and reset everything.

Started driving again the blinker on the dash hyperflashed for a couple of seconds then went to normal, with both left and right turns.

Curious, I'll keep check on it. Seems ok so far, maybe with the 2018 trucks you need to use the 2016-2017 power net to make changes?

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wanted to make my parking lights as DRL, but there is no option for parking lights. I installed Putco dayliner switchbacks and wired the DRL to my fog lights and made them as DRL. I had originally wilred them to my parking lights before I had the alpha, thinking I would be able to make the parking DRL, but no go.

are you sure? I thought parking lights was one of the DRL options